Tongue twitches on the tip / body twitches too !

General Topics

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Re: Tongue twitches on the tip / body twitches too !

Postby Yuliasir on October 19th, 2013, 4:44 am

If you know that you a hypochondirac, then you can spot yourself every time saying^ooops, dear hypochondira, are you coming back?
and then take whatever measures which had helped you before (except getting drunk which I do not advice as a way to nowhere) :)
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby Anxious guy on October 20th, 2013, 1:52 am

Your right.... Another question but I've been waking the past lot of nights with a dead arm.. All pins and needles ... It's happened before not bit so many nights in a row ! That's not related to any of my worries is it ? :-s
Anxious guy
Hero
Hero

Postby Yuliasir on October 20th, 2013, 3:22 am

To BFS only. I have that for 2 years and still my hands are here, with me ;)))
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby Anxious guy on October 20th, 2013, 6:09 am

Really ?? BFS people get this ? Even if I lay on my back I get it recently and it's strange as it seems to name my little finger then my wedding finger numb first as I can still move my other fingers and then after a few clenches I'm ok... It's not a full blown limb dead feeling like I've had before ... It was different and made me think about it rather than brush it off...
It's happened to both left and right hands this week :-s
Anxious guy
Hero
Hero

Postby Yuliasir on October 20th, 2013, 7:19 am

really? search this site for 'limb numbness', 'sleep limb' - and you would found it is commonest feature ;))))

what fingers are feeling numb depends of what branch of arm nerve - ulnar or carpal - is compressed. carpal nerve innervates musces to mobve thumb, index and partly middle finger, while ulnar innervates muscles responsible for half of middle finger, ring and pinky finger. on my point of view all people in fact have that, but BFS people just notice that numbness more frequently becasue they are really looking for symptomes.

I can easily evoke hand numbness laying on my back and holding ebook (300 grams) or typing on notebook at which my elbows strike against the body ridge. Not saying about having exhausting night numbness sessions :) I am also extremely hypermobike in shoulder joint and used to tuck my upper limbs so far behind my back at night that I wonder if I would not have any circulation disruption in them :)))
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby emmie.s on October 21st, 2013, 9:41 am

Anxious guy wrote:Your right.... Another question but I've been waking the past lot of nights with a dead arm.. All pins and needles ... It's happened before not bit so many nights in a row ! That's not related to any of my worries is it ? :-s

I used to get this too. Sometimes I still do! I also think it had to do with the fact that when I had a lot of anxiety, my sleep was disturbed and I would wake up several times at night. So, when I did manage to sleep, I would sleep deeply and not move my arms when the nerves were pinched. I don't know if its related at all, but it did go away after I bought a new pillow, started sleeping on my back or stomach instead of my arms, and decreased my anxiety.
emmie.s
Hero
Hero

Postby Anxious guy on October 22nd, 2013, 10:47 am

Hi guys, just a quick update... The body wide twitching has definitely calmed down as I am not as anxious and even the tongue twitching is still frequent but not as strong... It's still there but not very strong, hopefully it's calming down and about to disappear !!
I feel pretty good now albeit my chronic sore lower back that comes and goes has migrated to the other side with pain into my butt cheek :-s not sore to touch like a pulled muscle would be... It's just sore when moving about !
It's been creeping up this past 4 weeks I think...
Still get soft twitches in my calfs too and generally all over but everything seems less bothersome now..
I just hope the tongue one stops completely !!
Anxious guy
Hero
Hero

Postby Yuliasir on October 22nd, 2013, 11:29 am

I really have that lower back and butts pain (confusing it for joint someties) and I think mine is due to sedentary job... that is for a long long time already. does not prevent me from dancing still.

massage helps by the way
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby Anxious guy on October 22nd, 2013, 12:28 pm

My lower back pains started about 4 years ago and funny enough I have been office based for 6 years now !!
Never had the pain migrate to the other side and hurt my butt though ...
I think I'm starting to ignore this twitch on the tip of my tongue... So glad my stress and anxiety levels are down now !!!
You've been a great help .. Thanks :-)
Anxious guy
Hero
Hero

Postby Yuliasir on October 22nd, 2013, 12:51 pm

thanks for good words, my fellow colleague (however I am home based byt it appeared I have to sit 12-14 hours per day to get my good earnings :)))

and just be rady - migrating pains are quite frequent in our picture. usually they do not mean something bad. I winder if they are really pains or perceived pains sometimes becasue they are often very strange and look like I got acute local muscle inflammation...
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby moeSlow on October 23rd, 2013, 10:11 pm

You and I could be the same. Search my post. I even posted tongue pictures.

I'm 24, been twitching for 3-4 years and have had tongue issues now for 18 months or so. Started as a twitch, then tingles, then like razors, electric charges, now it's burnt sensation that gets worse through the day. My tongue is in a constant compression against my upper gums because of the discomfort and anxiety. I only peace I get is the hour I walk to and from university. Walking makes me forget my tongue and I feel normal. I still have body wide twitching, now mostly thumpers, slow, big, not the first year rapid rolling ones. I have them mostly in my right thigh, which to me feels smaller than my left and feels weaker when I walk, uncomfortable like. I had a eyelid hotspot last three weeks, nonstop, a few months ago. Now, right as rain.

So, if my tongue would heal, I would be fine. But you know what, I still freak out, stretch and condense my tongue, take pictures, stab it with fingers to feel the uneven right side that looks curved and bumpy and smaller in pictures, dents too, burns all day. I sure I slur.

So, I still fight the fear, still fight the uncomfortable stomach twitches that are like punches. But, I remind myself that I'm probably fine, that my eyelid hotspot meant bfs because als destroys muscle that is why it twitches. It isn't accompanied by benign twitches too. I remind myself that my twitches wax and wane, are mostly thumpers, one hit, and I don't feel a thing when I walk, which I still can after 3 years.

I remind myself that burning, tingling, electric tongue can't be als signs since that is sensory, not motor. I remind myself so I don't collapse into a potential of grief and anguish, which I did twice, with pictures of my tongue to prove it.

Surely, 6 months of tongue issues is too long for you to worry, heck my 18 months seem too long, but I still panic, don't fear the panic, just keep strong because it will pass. Go for a walk and watch as your body forgets the twitching. We sit around too much in our culture. Walk away the panic, enjoy the hours of peace, recharge, and fight, remember this is a lifelong battle. There is no cure.
moeSlow

Postby Anxious guy on October 24th, 2013, 7:57 am

Is your tongue twitching on the tip also ? Does it twitch after or when you speak or move it certain ways ? If I don't move my tongue it won't twitch... It's strange... It's just right on the tip all the time..
Like you I have twitches on and off over the years and if I stop and sit down I can feel my calfs (usually my left) twitching away but I get them all over at random.
4 years ago the chin one really freaked me out but not as much as the tongue one even though my chin went on for a few months... But my neuro more or less said all muscles are looked at in the same light as not to worry as I have no symtoms of anything other than twitches / hot spot twitch on my tongue and I have had history of hot spot twitches on my chin years ago etc...
Still worry though ... Health anxiety & being a twitcher is not a good mix !
Anxious guy
Hero
Hero

Postby moeSlow on October 24th, 2013, 6:35 pm

My tongue twitches everywhere. Ones that move large parts, like poked by invisible finger. Others that quiver. My tongue also gets a burnt, itchy like sensation, and one side, the one that feels burnt, is much smaller, and feels very soft compared to the other side. I'm keeping onto the hope that als doesn't cause the burning sensation or electric or razors. If I'm wrong, then I'm screwed. But I'm still walking 5km every day to school. But it maybe that since my thigh is the most twitching spot, it could take 4 years to get weakness. See, I've just taken a left turn. I shouldn't do it.
moeSlow

Postby Anxious guy on October 25th, 2013, 3:15 am

How long has your tongue been twitching ? Is it every minute or when you move it ? Mine twitches all the time on the same spot and the odd time on random spots ... But as I have said if totally relaxed and not moving it then it doesn't twitch...
I noticed my left calf and left foot also twitches more regular than other areas on and off...
Is your tongue scalloped ? I think mine is because I always notice that I'm pressing my toungue firmly against my teeth...
Anxious guy
Hero
Hero

Postby Anxious guy on October 25th, 2013, 5:35 am

I was taking some diazapam (Valium) for a week and stopped two days ago but noticed my calfs are going constantly again and I can feel them in my left but the right ones are hard to feel, I see them and feel some but I think there are some I don't feel ..... Is this still BFS ? I'm starting to stress & get anxious again.... Tongue still at it, right eye having a flicker now and then !! :-s
Last edited by Anxious guy on October 26th, 2013, 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anxious guy
Hero
Hero

Sponsor

Sponsor

PreviousNext

Return to General Topics