Slightly worried about ALS again.

General Topics

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Slightly worried about ALS again.

Postby Arkansan on October 10th, 2013, 2:37 pm

Ok so I broke the cardinal rule and read some articles about the new research on that blue green algae thing and the cynobacteria. Now I am worried that I may have been exposed to something like them and started looking at the foods I had eaten recently for ingredients that may contain them. I know profundly stupid right? I found that this chocolate hazelnut milk I have had tons of in the past couple of days has carrageenan in it which is a kind of red sea weed I think. For some reason this has me freaked out thinking that it could contain these bacteria and what not they have been talking about.

Should I be worried about this? Is this an ingrediant that is common?
Arkansan
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Re: Slightly worried about ALS again.

Postby SecretAgentMan on October 10th, 2013, 2:41 pm

Perhaps a better use of your time would be to instead google the amazing ability of the mind and body to heal and focus on that. That which we focus our energy and attention on makes a huge difference on the state of your being and therefore your physical health reflects that.
If your mind is your own worst enemy, why not make friends with it and turn it into your greatest ally? Mental discipline is achievable and there is help available. Learn what works for you, practice, and change your life for the better.
SecretAgentMan
Saint
Saint

Postby Spidermonkey on October 10th, 2013, 5:54 pm

Do you seriously think your chocolate milkshake has caused you to develop a disease that only you think you have, or would you say that you are perhaps being slightly irrational?

Your problems relate to anxiety not chocolate milk. Whatever happens, don't let your mind get between you and your milkshake.

All the best.
SM
Spidermonkey

Postby Arkansan on October 10th, 2013, 6:09 pm

Spidermonkey wrote:Do you seriously think your chocolate milkshake has caused you to develop a disease that only you think you have, or would you say that you are perhaps being slightly irrational?

Your problems relate to anxiety not chocolate milk. Whatever happens, don't let your mind get between you and your milkshake.

All the best.
SM

LOL yeah when you put it like that, sounds pretty crazy. I know that the chances are slim, I just sorta let my mind run with these things.

I was not worried that it had caused it per se, but rather that one of the ingredients was something that could potentially cause it as indicated by a recent study.

Basically I am too afraid to google wether or not the ingredient carrageenan contains any of the same harmful chemicals as blue green algae.

But yeah I know its way out there. I was just wondering if any of the members here were familiar with this ingredient and wether it was similar to the blue green algae from the article that was posted here.

On a related not I am starting back with my psychologist this coming up week. LOL.
Arkansan
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Spidermonkey on October 10th, 2013, 6:14 pm

Don't get me wrong, I've had crazy thoughts with this condition too so you're no different to anyone else on here that has wobbles every so often.

All the best for a speedy reduction in stress levels!
SM
Spidermonkey

Postby Yuliasir on October 11th, 2013, 3:04 am

Key issue is the difference between cyanobacteria and red seeweed :)))

Chamorro people who had that ALS like disease were not drinking 2 liters of choko shake containing few ppm of gelly, but daily eating fatty fruit bats accumulating assumed neurotoxines as a result of long way food chain for decades.

because we do not eating bats, for us maybe the most fast way is to eat daily for many years certain kind of fish (river one, feeding on sludge, like catfish) becasue those can probably accumulate some neurotoxines from cyanobacter...

that is how anxiety rules our perception. We should really avoid any unnecessary info, it is like for diabetic people to avoid unnecessary extra sugar and other carbohydrates.
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby Arkansan on October 11th, 2013, 12:51 pm

LOL, yeah I suppose the differnce should be obvious. You guys always have a way of hitting the nail on the head. Thanks.
Arkansan
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to General Topics