Strange experience

General Topics

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Strange experience

Postby Jlc on September 17th, 2013, 5:01 pm

So, today I had a very strange experience. I was laying on the couch and got the sudden urge for my 10th cookie of the day. I stood up and almost passed out. I fell back on the couch and, at that moment, the twitches in my calves went absolutely crazy. I would guess I was getting about 3 twitches per second in each calf for about 10 minutes.

I'm pretty sure no one has experienced this one before.
Jlc

Re: Strange experience

Postby SecretAgentMan on September 17th, 2013, 6:22 pm

Actually... When I went on the caveman diet I cut out just about everything like grains, sugars, and anything but the basics (meat, fish, veggies, and fruit). I also cut out spices like salt and pepper. Why is this relevant? I found out on this diet that my blood pressure is naturally low. The lack of salt in my diet was causing my blood pressure to stay low. Anytime I would sit down and rest for a while and then get up my vision would tunnel and I would feel light headed and dizzy. The feeling would usually pass after a few moments. So, based on my experience I would suggest you look into your blood pressure. It may be low. As for the sudden increase in twitches, if this event freaked you out a bit it would stand to reason the following rush of anxiety would cause the twitches to ramp up.
If your mind is your own worst enemy, why not make friends with it and turn it into your greatest ally? Mental discipline is achievable and there is help available. Learn what works for you, practice, and change your life for the better.
SecretAgentMan
Saint
Saint

Postby Yuliasir on September 17th, 2013, 9:50 pm

you had so called ortostatic hypotensia (rapid decrease of blood pressure when standing up). This is common in our condition becasue this is another autonomous disregulation plus to other we have. Check also what medication do you take of ever, some meds can cause that effect too.
It is not dangerous in fact. I got knocked out once in my early puberty due to that but only once in my life :)))
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby Aviationrocks1 on September 19th, 2013, 3:47 pm

I don't think it has anything to do with this at all. I have stood up numerous times in my life and felt dizzy, light headed etc...completely normal even outside of BFS. Now go enjoy your cookie :)
Aviationrocks1

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to General Topics