My Chin Won't Stop!

General Topics

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

My Chin Won't Stop!

Postby anxiousmomof4 on September 9th, 2013, 8:33 pm

What on earth is going on now?! My chin is twitching and feels weak & somewhat numb. I just don't see how all my strange symptoms can't be bulbar als.

-Certain words feel "off" when I'm speaking
-Neck has random muscle spasms that feel like my arteries are closing off
-Lips/mouth shake when I smile for too long
-Chin twitching along with aching sensation

My anxiety is at an all time high but this has been going on for months & new symptoms keep adding to it. Anyone?
anxiousmomof4

Re: My Chin Won't Stop!

Postby johnnythejet on September 10th, 2013, 12:05 am

anxiousmomof4 wrote:My chin is twitching and feels weak & somewhat numb. I just don't see how all my strange symptoms can't be bulbar als.

This is your anxiety making you think stupid thoughts. Let's consider whats going on here:
1. You're experiencing new, strange symptoms.
2. We know these symptoms to be common in BFS but not at all seen in ALS presentation. In other words, we know ALS doesn't work that way.
3. Due to the strangeness of symptoms, you're convinced they must be due to ALS....even though we know otherwise.

Conclusion: Anxiety is making you crazy.
johnnythejet
Saint
Saint

Postby Englishtwitcher on September 25th, 2013, 4:34 pm

I have been getting chin twitches, and creepy jaw ones. Also rib and buttock ones. I completely freaked out last night as my 4 year old was in our bed and I woke up to what I thought was me twitching. I was really panicked until I realised it was actually him in his sleep with his fingers under my shoulder!

Just as I'm used to the twitches I have it's all change.....

And as for all your other symptoms - you could be describing me word for word. X
Englishtwitcher
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Anxious guy on October 12th, 2013, 2:01 pm

I had a persistant chin twitch about 4 years ago that really scared me, it stayed for about 6 weeks or so... Towards the end of its twitching cycle it only twitched if I yawned or moved in certain ways... It kinda went every minute for weeks!
I had slight pain around my chin too..
I started to twitch all over and to this day I take episodes of twitches all over from head to toe...
Right now the tip of my tongue is twitching for about 2-3 weeks and I thought I was pronouncing some words funny but none can hear it... I seen a neuro who said its nothing to worry about after he done standard clinical tests, he even said he wouldn't even bother doing an emg but if I wanted one to put my mind at ease I could...

I am still stressed by it as I haven't had a tongue twitch before now
It's put my anxiety through the roof and I know it's making it worse, I'm trying hard to relax and believe the neuro !
Anxious guy
Hero
Hero

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to General Topics