No pain no gain?

General Topics

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

No pain no gain?

Postby Jlc on September 8th, 2013, 11:00 am

Hi everyone,

I am slowly trying to come to terms with the possibility that this is bfs. I have even accepted that my bodywide postural tremors might be a part of it. What I'm really having trouble with is the pain and stiffness.

I know that people will say this is normal, but the pain
and stiffness doesn't wax and wane, it's 24/7. This affects my neck, lower back, right thigh and knee and sometimes forearms. This is really what isn't letting me let go of my pd fear.

Can anyone who has gone through this please explain your situation? Instead of just saying "I've had that", maybe people could go into a little more detail? I would really appreciate it.

The pain isn't debilitating but it is probably a 3 or 4 out of 10 and never goes away.

Pain and tremors are what is keeping me on this roller coaster, I really don't care much about my other symptoms.

Thanks so much guys,

James
Jlc

Re: No pain no gain?

Postby Yuliasir on September 8th, 2013, 12:08 pm

James,
I only can say that pain in our case might be a bit of processing error (as it happens, as certain investigation suggests, in fybromyalgia at which pain is obvious, I personally have painful trigger points which sometimes are hardly bearable to touch, but therer are usually no signs of any process which could lead to pain). it is possible and it just means that you may sense your muscle conditions more acute than other people. You also might have minor nerve issues (normal micro traumas common in life) which cause you some inconvenience which your brain interpretes as pain.
Diffuse muscle pains might be really persistent. I have two painful spots (in the lower back and between spatulas) on my right side for months already. In my case I need a massage for sure becasue my muscles are really knotted up and down becasue of sedentary life but it is still a pain which is with me every time I move.

I am not sure about stiffness, but partly it is known ot be a symptom of chronic hyperventialtion, and partly it might be a result of some autoimmune processes which are part of syndrome for certain percent of our fellows. Or it also might be to a certain degree a perception error.
I often feel like my fingers do not move smoothly (I type 12 hours per day so I can feel the difference). But usually if I do simple check (moving a pen between the finger) they appear to be as much (more or less) swift as normally. So I know it is a perception trick in my case (probably becasue of boring task I have to perform or due to slight decrease of blood supply).

Hope this would help :)))
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby SecretAgentMan on September 8th, 2013, 1:16 pm

Acupuncture can be very effective at treating chronic pain. The entire reason the military started using acupuncture was because it was found to be so effective at treating phantom limb pain, where soldiers with missing limbs felt as though they still had an arm or leg but it was in constant pain. Meds only did so much for these guys and the pain always came back. Many found incredibly reduced intensity or even permanent relief through acupuncture. Constant pain from something like fibromyalgia is a different from phantom nerve pain, but I believe the subtle energy system of the body is still an avenue worth pursuing.
If your mind is your own worst enemy, why not make friends with it and turn it into your greatest ally? Mental discipline is achievable and there is help available. Learn what works for you, practice, and change your life for the better.
SecretAgentMan
Saint
Saint

Postby Chris swl on September 8th, 2013, 4:54 pm

Hi Friend

Pain and stiffness 24/7 is part of this horror, as I had. BFS feeds off fear big time. I had this condition for some time, I thought it was for life. But, hey!! NO!! I am now 100% fine.
Once I finally accepted my condition and started to live with it and not to fight it, it had no more use for me, and left home. I was on this here for years and as you know pop back now and then to help other. there is and end believe me. I am here alive and kicking and FINE.

Take care
Chris
Good luck to all with BFS/BCFS
Chris swl
Saint
Saint

Postby lcanela on September 9th, 2013, 3:31 am

May I ask you something? do you work in front of a computer the whole day?

I normally have pain in my upper back but I have found finally that this is caused because of the posture... the chest muscle is very strog and moves your shoulders forward, it causes the spinal cord to be streched and may lead to some other issues and pain.

Please look on youtube exercises to strech your chest it takes only 20 seconds to be done and the difference is huge! I feel much better after doing that everyday

I hope it helps.

Regards.
lcanela

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to General Topics