Neuro update Mri and symptoms

General Topics

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Neuro update Mri and symptoms

Postby Jlc on September 5th, 2013, 5:58 pm

So, my wife spoke to the receptionist of my neurologist last week and the receptionist told my wife that they found something on my Mri that might explain some of my symptoms, but that the neurologist was on vacation until this past Monday and she needed to review the file. So, instead of pd, I worried about ms for a few days. It was kind of a nice break.

I waited and waited patiently until today. I got advice from a friend to call and ask... So I did. Receptionist said "oh ya, she reviewed it and says nothing of significance that would be causing your condition."

Needless to say, now I'm back to the pd fear but am really really trying to believe that this is bfs.

I just want to list my constant symptoms so that I can hopefully look back at this in the future and thank god that it was all only bfs. Also, it might help others to see just how bad bfs can be.

1. Postural tremors in arms, legs and finger wagging back and forth of ring and pinky finger on both hands.

2. Internal tremors, usually when lying down. Often mistaken for an earthquake.

3. Constant twitches in calves and widespread sporadic twitching.

4. Constant Tight painful feeling of right thigh, lower back, calves and both forearms.

5. Throat problems. Gurgling when swallowing saliva and frequent throat clearing.

6. Ratcheting of flexed muscles with movement.

7. Violent shaking of flexed muscles.

Now, if anyone has all of these symptoms as well, feel free to let me know because I feel fairly unique and when I find someone who does have these symptoms, they don't answer me.

Cheers,

James
Jlc

Re: Neuro update Mri and symptoms

Postby TyWebb on September 5th, 2013, 10:21 pm

I have had all of those symptoms, but they come and go for me. They have all scared the crap out of me when they happen for a period of days.
TyWebb

Postby Arkansan on September 6th, 2013, 12:25 am

Well, I guess it is good news that they weren't concerned about what they found on your MRi. Chin up man you have all kinds of doctors reassure you that it ain't pd. As to the symptoms those are just a typical day in the neighborhood for me man. Intention type tremors, ratcheting muscles when flexed, postural tremors, twitches from head to toe etc. I used to get the internal vibrating thing but have not had it in maybe 6 months or so, I sure don't miss it. The muscle twitches are more focused in my arms and hands than they used to be, but some days I don't have them quite as bad. I get the twitches on my scalp as well, anyone else have them there?

Oh I have also had two or so instances of my right hand tremoring while it is hanging beside my body, although it is odd because it is more of a popping type motion that almost makes me think that what it happening is actually a large twitch? Could it be ya think, as it is very brief and has a motion that reminds me of the big thumping twitches, the only thing is that it seems like both hands and fingers are doing it. Any way man, I just confirmed my spot on the waiting list to go to a very well respected neurology clinic.

I have found this much out though, not dwelling on it does seem to produce better days symptom wise. I was having a good day the other day, then I got on the phone to my mom who was describing all her stuff and comparing it to mine and after about 20 mins of talking about it I was in full blown tremoring mess mode with all sorts of tremors kicked into high gear. That sort of thing just reinforces my belief that whatever it is that causes BFS is HIGHLY influenced by our mental state.

*Oh I forgot to as earlier in post, do you ever feel a bit of the racheting in the muscles when you reach for something or just move the arm around in general? No where near as bad as when flexed, just sort of slightly noticeable.
Arkansan
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby johnnythejet on September 6th, 2013, 1:13 am

Jlc wrote:I waited Now, if anyone has all of these symptoms as well, feel free to let me know because I feel fairly unique and when I find someone who does have these symptoms, they don't answer me.

Everyone thinks they are unique at one point or another. You are a anxious BFSer just like the rest of us, even if it takes you forever to believe that truth. The silver lining is this benign condition can't kill you so there's tons of time to let it sink in. The real worry is how much life you waste worrying about this shtuff.
johnnythejet
Saint
Saint

Postby lcanela on September 6th, 2013, 4:46 am

Johnny is really the jet !!!
lcanela

Postby Jlc on September 6th, 2013, 8:34 pm

Thanks guys for the responses. Arkansan, that's great about the appointment. Let me know what comes out of it. My prediction is possibly bfs and essential tremor.

I think the main reason I have this fear is that my pain and stiffness is always in the same spots and is always present... Throw the tremors in on top of that and it makes a pretty foul tasting recipe.

I'd rather eat dirty cafeteria sloppy Joes than have whatever this is.... Odoyle rules!!!
Jlc

Postby Jlc on September 6th, 2013, 8:37 pm

And arkansan, no to the ratcheting, but sort of to scalp twitches. I get a strange twitch just above my ear.
Jlc

Postby Chris swl on September 8th, 2013, 4:39 pm

Hi
Bingo, had them all my friend. I have Pm'd you my friend.
You will be fine honest. take it from an old timer. lol.
There is an end to this horror. My symptoms were unbelievable, no way I thought I was going to be ok, or ever get over this horror. how was I going to cope, work or live with this.
But now I am 100% FINE!! as you will too. Time is the answer, just be strong and you will win.

Cheers Chris
Good luck to all with BFS/BCFS
Chris swl
Saint
Saint

Postby Chris swl on September 8th, 2013, 4:39 pm

Hi
Bingo, had them all my friend. I have Pm'd you my friend.
You will be fine honest. take it from an old timer. lol.
There is an end to this horror. My symptoms were unbelievable, no way I thought I was going to be ok, or ever get over this horror. how was I going to cope, work or live with this.
But now I am 100% FINE!! as you will too. Time is the answer, just be strong and you will win.

Cheers Chris
Good luck to all with BFS/BCFS
Chris swl
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to General Topics