Skin sensations and other assorted fun.

General Topics

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Skin sensations and other assorted fun.

Postby Arkansan on September 3rd, 2013, 3:19 pm

Anyone else ever go through phases where it feels like the skin on your face and around your ears is hot or burning? My eyes usually do it at the same time too, anyone else dealing with this? Also has any body else had this kinda pinched sort of pain in your elbow and sometimes in your wrist? Oh and a question for Chriss and the other tremorers out there, you guys have a lot in the way of postural tremors, I have one where if I relax my hand and bring it up level with forearm it jerks real bad for a few seconds afterwards? This one is scary but I figure someone else here will have had it. Oh and even relaxed it seems like my fingers make subtle little movements sometime.

Oh and for those who had the rachety muscles, did yours do it even if the muscle was relaxed and someone else was moving it? Like I had my wife move my hand slowly up and down at the wrist and I got a good bit of that jerky sort a movement with the forearm muscles popping, anyone else have that when someone else moves a limb for them? Oh and for the tremorers that have gotten better, how long did it take for it to die down for you and do you still have some now? Oh anybody else have intention tremors?

With less than 80 days to go until I become a poppa I am really starting to worry that I will have some disease that will cut my time short, or limit my ability to raise my son. On the good news front though I went back to a whole dose of Atenolol and have found that it reduces the intention tremor some, so that is a plus.

Oh and I had an idea last night to help cut down on this very kind of post some, maybe we could get a sticky going that details the symptoms that different BFSers have had and those of us who are willing could contribute videos of to go with the description, I would be willing pitch in. All of us that want to could contribute a post that details how ours started and what our individual symptoms have been like, I would be willing to anyway. Of course a thread like this may already exist and I might jut be overlooking it.
Arkansan
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Re: Skin sensations and other assorted fun.

Postby Jlc on September 3rd, 2013, 9:03 pm

The warm sensations that you speak of are really familiar to me. It doesn't happen as often as it used to but it would happen to my face and ears. If I looked at my ears when this would happen they would actually be dark red.

I rarely get intention tremors. They happen sometimes though. Postural tremors happen all the time in every part of my body.

As for the ratcheting. I get this only when a muscle is Flexed and I move it. I'm not sure that makes it any less scary though.

If I were you, I would see a neurologist. It will only take an hour max and they can put your fears to rest so you can focus on your little boy and not have this hanging over your head. Congrats, by the way.

My symptoms that seem to be sticking around are: tremors, Twitches, fatigue, stomach upset and pain and stiffness. Do you have all this as well?
Jlc

Postby Arkansan on September 4th, 2013, 10:20 am

Yeah the warm sensations come and go for me as well, and my face and ears will be redish when it happens. It comes in waves where it will happen consistently for a couple of days and then go away for a while. Postural tremors for me happen in just about every posture of my hands and quite a few with my arms, my legs do it some but not quite as much.

Yes all those symptoms you listed stick around for me, save for the upset stomach which comes and goes.

I am going to schedule an appointment with a neuro just so I can get some peace of mind, but I am nervous as hell about going.
Arkansan
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Jlc on September 4th, 2013, 12:37 pm

Ahhh that's good news. Let me know how the appointment goes. I'm still waiting for my neuro to call. I'm hoping she'll call tomorrow.

I will be the first to admit that we have some weird and scary sh*t going on. You going to the neurologist will give you some much needed answers.

Best of luck.
Jlc

Postby nicknes on September 5th, 2013, 5:06 pm

I get warm ears and face and my ears turn red. And sometimes my eyes feel warm and uhmmm "heavy" for lack of a better term. Only once and awhile and seems worse when a bit stressed at work or something. I also get warm spots on my arms and legs that seem to come and go throughout the day. Its made me wonder about food allergies or sensitivities, but I've never looked inot them with a doctor.

I also notice a pinching sensation on my wrist and on the inside of my arms sometimes.

I get the fasiculations throughout my body, mostly in my lower legs, almost all day at this point. What bothers me most lately is the sore muscles and joints that seem to come and go and the tingling sensations in my arms, hands, and feet. I've only had symptoms for about 2 months but too be honest I had hoped that they would calm down a bit, but it seems like the contrary, maybe after I calm down and get more used to the symptoms, it will calm a little.

It was nice to hear someone else has witnessed something that I have been noticing. Even though there is no answers at this point. I sometimes wonder if there is something else wrong with me besides BFS when odd symptoms persist. I think its because its only from this sight that I know what may be causing it. My GP and Nuerologist both have not discussed BFS with me. You'd think with everyone on this site, their would be familiarity with doctors on the topic.

Hang in there brothers and sisters!
nicknes

Postby Gerard on September 5th, 2013, 6:33 pm

Mine actually started with burning sensations. Patches approximately palm-sized, anywhere on my skin would feel like a sunburn/hot water burn for about 15 seconds before slowly fading. This was what I initially saw a neurologist for. The twitches started 2 months later. Burning patches resolved, twitches still going strong 3 years later.
Gerard

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to General Topics