Leg tremor

General Topics

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Leg tremor

Postby Jlc on August 29th, 2013, 12:23 pm

Does anyone else's leg tremor when you lift it up behind you? Or, when you lift it in front of you for that matter?

Also, does anyone's ring and pinky finger tremor back and forth... Other than Chrissi?

Thanks,

James
Jlc

Re: Leg tremor

Postby Arkansan on August 29th, 2013, 2:05 pm

Haven't noticed much in the way of leg tremors, but I never have really looked so I can't say for sure. On the pinky thing, yes I have had it tremor back and forth and up and down. Do you ever feel like your forearms tremors some? That one freaks me out and it is and everyday thing. Oh! Or my favorite, when you first relax your hand and set you arm down does a finger tremor some for a few seconds and quit, that one terrifies me that it isn't going to stop and it will become a resting tremor. Also I literally cannot hold anything still these days, and if I hold my hands open or do anything with them they tremor. *Sigh* Yeah this tremor crap gets old, its so weird because it all started just a few weeks ago right after I started freaking out over PD. Maybe will Chrissi will chime in, I am beginning to think that there is no kind of tremor she hasn't had.
Arkansan
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Jlc on August 29th, 2013, 2:40 pm

Ahhh yes I have all of that hand and finger stuff. My neurologist actually noticed my leg tremor, a tongue tremor and a tremor in my trunk. At the time, I didn't know what part of the body was referred to as the "trunk" and thought that she had somehow managed to examine my little man without me taking my pants off.

After that appointment, she said to come back in 6 months and that she didn't think anything was neurologically wrong with me. She said some people just have a postural tremor... And 99 other symptoms, I guess.
Jlc

Postby Arkansan on August 29th, 2013, 2:43 pm

Yeah the longer this goes on with me the more people I notice with various tremors, to the point that I am starting to wonder if they aren't much more common than even doctors think. Also I got a good chuckle out of the trunk thing, the first time I heard that term in a doctors office I thought the same thing!
Arkansan
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby chrissi on August 30th, 2013, 1:19 am

Well I am not sure, but at least I cannot remember a nose tremor or an ear tremor ( but fasciculations somewhere inside my ear every morning when I got up...)But all the other body parts, well.... All of them went crazy with all kinds of tremors, from slight superficial buzzing to an internal vibration that made body part feel as if there was an electrical transformator inside, to very fast tremors like a mobile phone vibration alarm, the shakyness if you slightly tense a muscle, the ratcheting tremors that made me look like a robot, the facial tremors that were driving me insane and the scary things that happened mainly on my wrists and acles, which caused the body part to literally jump up and down like crazy.
"Our anxiety does not come from thinking about the future, but from wanting to control it" Kahlil Gibran
Anxiety is a thin stream of fear trickling through the mind. If encouraged, it cuts a channel into which all other thoughts are drained
chrissi
Saint
Saint

Postby Tiber2011 on August 30th, 2013, 6:42 pm

I've had random fingers move, especially when texting or using a mouse.

As for tremor, I have a slight "thing" like a tremor, seems to be apparent in one or both legs when I sit down. Used to occur when standing.

Neuro said no disease other than BFS. Trying to believe him
Tiber2011
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Jlc on August 30th, 2013, 8:13 pm

You and me both, Tiber.
Jlc

Postby Tb12 on September 2nd, 2013, 9:08 am

Hey Guys,
Yes i have a visible leg tremor when i lift my leg in front of me, it does not matter which leg, my glutes(ass) also shake a long with it. ring and pinky tremor as well, plus hands and arms and trunk when put under the slightest bit of pressure. You should see me in a plank position i am shaking more than a salt shaker. I have had this for ten months now, i still have no idea if it is linked to weakness. I have had so many tests now that all that could be possible is kennedy's disease however no neuro's will send me for a blood test as they don't see a reason or it as i passed my limb emg's and clinical exam. another linkage for myself could be IIH intracranial pressure on the brain, i just found out i have that and am getting a spinal tap this week so see how bad, apparently it can cause neuro problems. I still worry about bulbar als but people say that comes on real quick and my speech pathology check up was totally fine and my symptoms whilst change up a lot have stayed pretty steady through out the ten to twelve months all this has been going on. Good to know i am not alone with the tremors as they freak me out the most.

Trent
Tb12

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to General Topics