Why can't we believe?

General Topics

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Re: Why can't we believe?

Postby Chris swl on September 8th, 2013, 5:09 pm

HI
You can't believe because it is a symptom of BFS, just like the pain, stiffness, etc,etc. This thing plays with your mind. How can some one have all these symptoms and have nothing to fear.
NO WAY!! I used to think. DO NOT LET IT WIN. you will be fine, as I am.
There is and end honest. Yes it may take months even years but you will be fine one day.
Hard to believe I know, but I am here now years later and fine, cured!!

Take care and fight this thing head on
Chris
Good luck to all with BFS/BCFS
Chris swl
Saint
Saint

Postby Protoolsnerd on September 9th, 2013, 2:31 pm

I'm also part of the anxiety crew . For me it's OCD with Medical Anxiety. Which started long before my BFS. My issues started with cancer like so many do. I had a mole removed and i LOST IT!! Before starting medication i had symptoms such as , buzzing , shaking , headaches, dizziness ( quite often ) , loss of appetite , loss of motivation , pain in places where there were no issues . i mean my brain literally created PAIN!! I didn't believe it was possible. How can your brain make this happen. Add to that all the gastro issues i had because of the stress and anxiety releasing hormones and chemicals into my system . I thought i had everything GERD, Acid Reflux, Ulcerative Colitis, Crones Disease , Polyps , Cancer ......It was all my brain causing these things.

I'm on a low dose of Zoloft and have been for a few years. Right now i'm thinking of switching to Cymbalta for a couple reasons , but for me , it took medication to gain control of my mind , to then gain control of my body.

Even now , on medication i still twitch. I have since come to accept the twitching , but still have little freak outs here and there when new things pop up. My latest was noticing positional tremor in my fingers. More left hand then right. It freaked me right out , but then popping on here and seeing that it's so incredibly common, and that it's just our bfs saying hello, i've been able to get myself back close to balanced again.

I think contacting a rheumatologist is a good idea, you may be dealing with inflamation of some nerves or things like that . But i would also go see a psych. If you want to start with talk therapy and see how it pans out , go for it. I did that at first and tried at for 2 years. It helped with some things, but not with others. I've been twitching for 4+ years and i'm still here and still strong . You too can conquer this. Some symptoms may not go away, but how they make you FEEL and THINK can def change .

Stay strong , and stay positive !

Aaron
Protoolsnerd
Interested
Interested

Postby shell67 on September 17th, 2013, 10:16 am

I was told I had adrenal fatigue in addition to neurologic stuff, like numb arm and leg sensations and twitches. My naturopath said that too much cortisol running through your system can cause breathing issues, muscle aches, headaches, etc. Because I'm still nursing my baby I can't take much to address the adrenal problem (he wanted me to try ginseng), but he put me on a B vitamin and told me to eat more purple/red fruits and do acupuncture. My aches are much better, but I do still have weird numb sensations in my extremities that no dr has been able to explain (I've had cervical spine MRI, brain MRI, EMG -- all fine). I also went down the RA route and don't seem to have any autoimmune problem.

Good luck!
shell67

Sponsor

Sponsor

Previous

Return to General Topics