BFS vs. Fibromyalgia?

General Topics

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

BFS vs. Fibromyalgia?

Postby staceyj on August 26th, 2013, 1:57 pm

Over a month into my twitching and I'm now developing sore muscles. My butt feels like I've been riding a bike for 21 straight days! So, I was mentioning this to my sister and she says that's Fibromyalgia. I looked up Fibro symptoms and muscle soreness and twitching is among the symptoms.

So, how does one distinguish between BFS and Fibromyalgia? Or is BFS simply part of Fibro? Confused and awaiting my first neuro appt. on Sept. 18th. :roll:
staceyj
Interested
Interested

Re: BFS vs. Fibromyalgia?

Postby Arkansan on August 26th, 2013, 2:14 pm

They seem to be related to me, but I have nothing really to base that on other than the fact that many of my relatives have been diagnosed with Fibro and several share BFS like symptoms. There does seem to be an overlap in symptoms for sure. I went through a phase of thinking what I had was Fibro but the pain kinda receded so I have let it go.
Arkansan
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby SecretAgentMan on August 27th, 2013, 8:49 am

I believe that they are related. I think the difference between the two is really just the severity of the symptoms and where they are concentrated. Just my two cents...
If your mind is your own worst enemy, why not make friends with it and turn it into your greatest ally? Mental discipline is achievable and there is help available. Learn what works for you, practice, and change your life for the better.
SecretAgentMan
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to General Topics