Interesting Experience

General Topics

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Interesting Experience

Postby MarioMangler on August 23rd, 2013, 3:24 am

This is something that made me laugh, and I'm curious if something similar has happened to anyone else.

I was at a street fair a while back, and one of the vendors at the fair was a local chiropractor. He was sitting in a booth and he was giving people free spinal exams in an attempt to drum up some new customers. Well, on a lark, I figured, okay maybe I will go talk to him. After all, I have nothing to lose. And I have heard of other BFS people who have had interesting experiences with chiropractors. And hey, it's free. So why not?

So I walked over and he tested my spine, and he said everything seemed fine. Then he asked why I came over and I said well it's because I have this weird nerve issue. I have hyperactive nerves and it makes all my muscles twitch. He said, wow interesting, and he said he had a little machine that he wanted to hook me up to. He said it is a nerve conduction test and it will show me if I have entrapment anywhere or if I have any weird blocks going on that are messing with my nervous system.

So he hooked me up to the machine, and he tested my neck, my shoulders, and my arms. Afterwards he looked at the readings and he was astounded.

"Either my machine is broken," he said, "Or you have more energy running through your body than anyone I have ever met."

He showed me the readings from his machine, and he showed me the color they corresponded to. There was a scale. I forget the colors for each one, but it was something like red = low energy, yellow = normal, green= high energy, and then orange = abnormal. That is for a person who is super nervous or is hyperventilating and having a panic attack. He showed me my readings and they were none of those colors at all. My colors (especially around my neck) were coming up black.

"What does that mean?" I asked.

It turns out that the level of activity going through my nerves was so high that his machine couldn't even measure it. I didn't even register on the normal human scale. At first he thought it was a glitch in his machine but the second time the exact same thing happened. I had so much nerve activity that the machine couldn't even register it. It didn't think I was a human.

"Oh I have -got- to get you into my office," he said, all excitedly. "You are going to be fun. Can I set you up with an appointment. I want to see what is going on with you."

I am probably not going to take him up on it, because I have a natural distrust of chiropractors and of people messing around with my spine. But I am just curious if anyone else has ever experienced anything like this before. I thought the whole thing was amusing because it is perfectly normal for me to have this much energy running through my body. I have been like that for six years. But to other people I guess it seems weird. Oh well, sucks to be them.
BFS FAQ:
1. No, that's not bulbar
2. No, the location doesn't matter
3. Yes, we have all had that symptom
4. No, you're not the exception
5. No, that's not ominous
6. No, you don't need an EMG
7. Yes, you will be fine
MarioMangler
Saint
Saint

Re: Interesting Experience

Postby SecretAgentMan on August 23rd, 2013, 7:30 am

Do you have any info on the machine? What was the name of it or the company that made it? There are all sorts of really cool gadgets that chiropractors and alternative medicine docs have at their disposal that are just foreign to the mainstream. In my experience the ones that I have been exposed to and experienced worked so awesome that I was really scratching my head and wondering why mainstream medicine isn't utilizing or capitalizing on this cool technology... I'd really be curious to hear any additional details. I hope you do consider going in for an appointment or two just to give the guy a chance. It sounds like you got along well with your first encounter. Thanks for sharing!
If your mind is your own worst enemy, why not make friends with it and turn it into your greatest ally? Mental discipline is achievable and there is help available. Learn what works for you, practice, and change your life for the better.
SecretAgentMan
Saint
Saint

Postby johnnythejet on August 23rd, 2013, 7:31 am

MarioMangler wrote: I thought the whole thing was amusing because it is perfectly normal for me to have this much energy running through my body.

That's because you're basically a super hero. The excess energy stays contained until danger unleashes it.
johnnythejet
Saint
Saint

Postby chrissi on August 23rd, 2013, 8:52 am

This happens when they measure the heart rate variability to determine my stress level ( they use that for optimizing your personal training schedule). It basically said : your body is so stressed it is already running at its maximum level. Want to do sports? Go walking. With a granny. With a walking aid. Tell her to take it slow with you.

I ignored it in the beginning, but with my exercising and stress reduction I made quite a good progress. I am still quite a good part away from the biovariability of a healthy person with a good stress management.
"Our anxiety does not come from thinking about the future, but from wanting to control it" Kahlil Gibran
Anxiety is a thin stream of fear trickling through the mind. If encouraged, it cuts a channel into which all other thoughts are drained
chrissi
Saint
Saint

Postby mwagner on August 23rd, 2013, 9:56 am

Awesome post, Mario. I'll bet a lot of us would fall into the black category on that machine!

BTW, I love my chiropractor. He hasn't resolved my twitching, but he has done a lot for my back, my feet, my health in general. I understand the distrust though. Sometimes it all feels like hocus pocus kind of stuff, or possibly a big placebo effect, but all-in-all, it makes a positive difference for me.
mwagner
Saint
Saint

Postby MarioMangler on August 23rd, 2013, 11:29 am

SecretAgentMan wrote:Do you have any info on the machine? What was the name of it or the company that made it?

Unfortunately I wasn't really paying attention so I have no idea. It was just a little black machine he had. If I go back and talk to him I will get more info.
BFS FAQ:
1. No, that's not bulbar
2. No, the location doesn't matter
3. Yes, we have all had that symptom
4. No, you're not the exception
5. No, that's not ominous
6. No, you don't need an EMG
7. Yes, you will be fine
MarioMangler
Saint
Saint

Postby christo on August 23rd, 2013, 11:55 am

That's because you're basically a super hero. The excess energy stays contained until danger unleashes it.

Well sorry Johnny but I have to disagree. I really trully believe Mario is an alien, just like us. This would explain everything...
christo
Hero
Hero

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to General Topics