Pain and stiffness

General Topics

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Pain and stiffness

Postby Jlc on August 20th, 2013, 5:16 pm

Does it ever go away? It's not debilitating, but the stiffness worries me. I assume this is what arthritis feels like.

James
Jlc

Re: Pain and stiffness

Postby aztwitchy on August 20th, 2013, 5:28 pm

Jlc wrote:Does it ever go away? It's not debilitating, but the stiffness worries me. I assume this is what arthritis feels like.

James

it seems to calm down for most people over time.

my theory is its the fact the muscles twitch and twitch and twitch and eventually they cramp or spasm

its nothing sinister.
"Health is a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being, and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity." ~World Health Organization, 1948
aztwitchy
Hero
Hero

Postby SecretAgentMan on August 20th, 2013, 6:51 pm

Candida overgrowth can cause pain and joint stiffness (mimicking arthritis). I know it did for me, as well as contributed to many other BFS symptoms. You might want to look into it. (and yes its safe to google because you can't die from it)
If your mind is your own worst enemy, why not make friends with it and turn it into your greatest ally? Mental discipline is achievable and there is help available. Learn what works for you, practice, and change your life for the better.
SecretAgentMan
Saint
Saint

Postby Arkansan on August 20th, 2013, 11:38 pm

I have a good bit of this in my hands and wrists. Not sure what seems to set it off, but I know that the cold makes it worse. It seems to come and go of its own accord so I don't worry about it too much. I find that if I am having it too bad a warm bath helps, or a hot bath in Epsom Salt.
Arkansan
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Yuliasir on August 21st, 2013, 12:26 am

also hyperventialtion causes those symptomes due to change in the blood pH and therefore muscle chemistry changes too. In our fellowship many people hyperventilate without being conscious about this (me too). yep it mimicks RA but without inflammatory indices (at least those necessary for RA diagnosis), without specific immune system markers and of course without true erosion of the joints.
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby Floydian on August 21st, 2013, 2:43 am

Jlc wrote:Does it ever go away? It's not debilitating, but the stiffness worries me. I assume this is what arthritis feels like.

James

I asked myself the same question many times, I don't know if it will ever go away but in time it will subside.
What helped me: hot shower/bath, sauna and stretching exercises. But don't worry, your symptoms are common with bfs.
Floydian
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to General Topics