Survey, who was treated with fluoroquinolones before BFS

General Topics

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Survey, who was treated with fluoroquinolones before BFS

Postby christo on August 17th, 2013, 12:31 pm

I really suspect that BFS could be caused by the fluoroquinolones family antibiotics. If you took this drug before your BFS onset, please report it, even if it's years before. They are frequently used for urinary tract infection and also for ENT infections.
Here are the most frequent FQ :

Second Generation
Ciprofloxacin Cipro, Cipro XR, Ciprobay, Ciproxin
Enoxacin Enroxil, Penetrex
Lomefloxacin Maxaquin
Nadifloxacin Acuatim, Nadoxin, Nadixa
Norfloxacin Lexinor, Noroxin, Quinabic, Janacin
Ofloxacin Floxin, Oxaldin, Tarivid
Pefloxacin Peflacine
Rufloxacin Uroflox

Third Generation
Balofloxacin Baloxin
Gatifloxacin Tequin, Zymar
Grepafloxacin Raxar
Levofloxacin Cravit, Levaquin
Moxifloxacin Avelox, Vigamox
Pazufloxacin Pasil, Pazucross
Sparfloxacin Zagam
Temafloxacin Omniflox
Tosufloxacin Ozex, Tosacin

Fourth Generation
Besifloxacin Besivance
Clinafloxacin
Gemifloxacin Factive
Sitafloxacin Gracevit
Trovafloxacin Trovan
Prulifloxacin Quisnon

On my side, I was put 3 times on this one, in the 2 years preceding my BFS onset. Before noticing twitching, I had an episode of widespread pins and needles for one full month, random widespread muscle aching, pains... I also had an episode of tennis elbow without clear reason.
christo
Hero
Hero

Re: Survey, who was treated with fluoroquinolones before BFS

Postby garym on August 18th, 2013, 7:56 am

Christo,

You can count me in on this.....that said, be careful when you delve into the world of FQ adr's. There are a bunch of people that are suffering from these adr's and many of those folks will tell you that there is no hope for recovery. I experienced what can be ranked as a moderate to severe reaction and really did suffer for a couple of years before things started improving, but I'm living, breathing proof that things do get better over time for most people who have been floxed. The most important step to recovering from a fq adr is to avoid re-exposure, which can occur through your food. To this day, I don't eat any farm-raised fish or seafood as much of it is tainted with the ag versions of cipro/fq.

Take care,
Gary
garym

Postby christo on August 18th, 2013, 9:18 am

Thanks Gary, I can indeed see how much some are suffering a lot. My reaction for now is not really severe but my last exposure seem to trigger new kind of symptoms, especially muscle pains. Anyway, this is for me the proof that FQ are not tolerated by my body and I will avoid them from now.
christo
Hero
Hero

Postby lrt6131 on October 6th, 2013, 11:35 am

I was put on Avelox June 2013. Took 1st dose which caused me to have a complete panic attack 1hr later. Took dose next day, thinking that the previous day panic attack-couldn't have been caused by an antibiotic, & the same thing happened again. Never finished medication. Now I read all this info about warnings that were put in place Aug 2013 regarding Avelox & the possibility of permanent CNS disorders. My fasiculations started about 2months later. Anyone else take Avelox prior to symptoms starting??
lrt6131

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to General Topics