Need Fluoroquinolone treatment, is it safe ?

General Topics

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Need Fluoroquinolone treatment, is it safe ?

Postby christo on August 16th, 2013, 3:55 am

I have yet another urinary infection needing me to be on Fluoroquinolone for 3 weeks. I have already started the treatment yesterday but I am quite afraid of the possible adverse effects. I have told me family doctor about my fear but it dismisses it saying that FQ adverse reaction are more acute and appear during treatment not after (but a lot of website say the contrary)
I have been on FQ 3 times before, and I still consider that it could be the cause of my BFS. I know some on the board also had been on FQ and suspect it to cause their BFS. For those in this case, did you went again on FQ after your BFS started ? If yes, did you had any adverse reaction ?

Thanks,

Christophe
christo
Hero
Hero

Re: Need Fluoroquinolone treatment, is it safe ?

Postby garym on August 16th, 2013, 6:11 am

Christophe,

If you have to take a fq antibiotic, just proceed with caution.....while I have very strong feelings on the subject, at the end of the day, this is a discussion between you and your doctor. I personally will never take cipro (or any other fq for that matter) again, unless my life is on the line and it is the last drug choice out there. But I had a very clear ADR to it. Watch for aches and pains in your muscles/tendons/joints that can be signs that your body is reacting poorly and contact your doctor immediately if you have any other odd sxs.

Good luck,
Gary
garym

Re: Need Fluoroquinolone treatment, is it safe ?

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to General Topics