To all

General Topics

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Re: To all

Postby BFSBurger on August 5th, 2013, 6:29 pm

Johnny,

You pretty much proved my point right here:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19433&start=75&p=146044&view=show#p146044

You completely disappeared from that thread when I left. You left everyone alone, because i was gone. Two full weeks?

Within 1 hour.... of me posting back in there....

Guess who shows up and starts talking smack about the diet thing again? Out of thin air.

Stop stalking / harassing / trolling people on here dude. Grow up.

-Burger-
How I resolved my BFS within 1 year of onset:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19128
User avatar
BFSBurger
Saint
Saint
 
Posts: 852
Joined: October 3rd, 2012, 10:19 am

Re: To all

Postby johnnythejet on August 5th, 2013, 6:37 pm

Hey Burger-
Thanks again for the dramatic, "I'm hurt so I'm leaving" topic to bring attention on yourself. It was wildly entertaining, among many other things.

We welcome back your BFS related comments, and hope the tears and personal drama can be left behind.

My Inbox is still open as well if you need a place to send more profanity-laced private messages.
User avatar
johnnythejet
Saint
Saint
 
Posts: 1602
Joined: September 15th, 2005, 2:36 pm
Location: Kansas

Re: To all

Postby bobajojo on August 5th, 2013, 7:14 pm

Burger,

This forum is a great place for people to share their experiences and help each other get over this crap that we all share. But coming on here and telling people that you have the cure and then copping an attitude with those who say that it didn't work for them is not helping anyone. I know for me personally, I've been helplessly trying to find anything that will reduce my twitching. I flew out to the Mayo clinic to see if they find the cause. I've tried all kinds of meds from Klonopin to Tegretol, to natural remedies, Epson salt, you name it. And ofcourse, I thought that maybe this was my body telling me to change my diet and put myself on a very strict diet for a long period of time and was extremely frustrated when it gave me no relief. So when you came on here and told me that I 'did it wrong' and questioned my methods, I lost all interest in reading your posts. I've been on this forum a lot longer than you have so maybe you don't realize that Johnny is one of the most respected members of this community. So this nonsense and drama that you continue to spew on here is getting old. I know I speak for a lot of other members when I say give it a rest dude. -Matt
Over 10 billion twitches since May 2011.
User avatar
bobajojo
Saint
Saint
 
Posts: 1013
Joined: July 1st, 2011, 6:41 am

Re: To all

Postby jerry2 on August 6th, 2013, 4:37 pm

Burger, I knew that peace from you won't last long. You see I run a forum on my own in my country (not BFS related) and I knew when someone is shouting out loud how they will leave the forum, they NEVER leave. The ones who leave don't yell about it, just leave.

Your every day different solution that works is some sort of harrasment on this forum. I think you have must bigger problems that BFS (if you still have that, I don't read your posts any longer). You should have your ego lowered, it would do you good.

Take care
jerry2
Saint
Saint
 
Posts: 928
Joined: October 4th, 2011, 2:25 am
Location: Europe

Re: To all

Postby Seepi27 on August 6th, 2013, 6:27 pm

jerry2 wrote:Burger, I knew that peace from you won't last long. You see I run a forum on my own in my country (not BFS related) and I knew when someone is shouting out loud how they will leave the forum, they NEVER leave. The ones who leave don't yell about it, just leave.

Your every day different solution that works is some sort of harrasment on this forum. I think you have must bigger problems that BFS (if you still have that, I don't read your posts any longer). You should have your ego lowered, it would do you good.

Take care


Hahahahaha

I've really missed you, Jerry2. Everything you say is so dramatic and flamboyant. It just makes me want to set myself on fire!

;-)
Seepi27
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time
 
Posts: 225
Joined: April 5th, 2012, 10:10 am

Re: To all

Postby jpbw on August 6th, 2013, 6:40 pm

I can't believe everyone is giving a burger a hard time, with his Phd's in nutrition and Neurology, all he is doing is bestowing us on all the information he has learned in his years of study.....oh wait.....

Advising people to strictly follow your diet and supplements can be dangerous man...especially when your not qualified to give that advice. Just like i'm not going to give anyone on here legal advice.
jpbw
Senior Member
Senior Member
 
Posts: 76
Joined: March 28th, 2012, 9:39 am

Re: To all

Postby aztwitchy on August 7th, 2013, 1:14 am

jpbw wrote:I can't believe everyone is giving a burger a hard time, with his Phd's in nutrition and Neurology, all he is doing is bestowing us on all the information he has learned in his years of study.....oh wait.....

Advising people to strictly follow your diet and supplements can be dangerous man...especially when your not qualified to give that advice. Just like i'm not going to give anyone on here legal advice.


and Johnny is definitely qualified to be slinging the advice "don't worry nothing will help you the only thing you can do is ignore your symptoms" to every other member on the site?????
what are his qualifications in the medical field? Is he a neurologist or did he stay at a holiday inn? is this advice dangerous to someone suffering from a real pathological issue? Everyone who has fasciulations that persist for months on end with no let up should consult a doctor.

I'm sorry but Burger is accurate on one thing...Mr. Jet has gone out of his way to mention how diet won't help anyone over and over and over again....its a dead horse beyond being beaten. Its almost like he believes the more he states his position the stronger his argument is...reality is he is wrong. Two MDs not Burger advised me to cut gluten...it worked for me. Did it cure me...no....did it help me....absolutely. My situation won't be accepted by anyone on this forum though for another 3-4 years since apparently that is the minimum requirement to be a good-bro.
"Health is a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being, and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity." ~World Health Organization, 1948
aztwitchy
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 451
Joined: December 3rd, 2012, 5:18 pm

Re: To all

Postby johnnythejet on August 7th, 2013, 1:37 am

aztwitchy wrote:and Johnny is definitely qualified to be slinging the advice "don't worry nothing will help you the only thing you can do is ignore your symptoms" to every other member on the site?????
what are his qualifications in the medical field? Is he a neurologist or did he stay at a holiday inn? is this advice dangerous to someone suffering from a real pathological issue? Everyone who has fasciulations that persist for months on end with no let up should consult a doctor.

No I'm not a neurologist, nor have I ever claimed to be. What I do is report/remind newbies of things that they can't see easily in the forum mess. More or less, I'm just repeating the things told to us by real neurologists and by "vets", otherwise known as long time twitchers who report experiences after years of twitching. I do not "prescribe" a newbie dietary or medicinal changes in order to fix a condition based on my own personal experiences or shoddy "results" from a relatively insignificant number of cases, while ignoring other facts. There is a distinction between the two, even if its not clear to you.
For that matter, nobody on here is a neurologist, not even the great men who started this site. You know what the beauty of this is?...you and I are free to disagree with eachother to our hearts content in order to get to the truth. Some can handle disagreement better than others.

aztwitchy wrote:Everyone who has fasciulations that persist for months on end with no let up should consult a doctor.

Are you so sure about that, sir?
Remind me, what are your medical qualifications? (ie: what is your current Holiday Inn Express rewards status?) I typically stay in Marriots for business travel so you probably have me beat.

aztwitchy wrote:I'm sorry but Burger is accurate on one thing...Mr. Jet has gone out of his way to mention how diet won't help anyone over and over and over again....its a dead horse beyond being beaten. Its almost like he believes the more he states his position the stronger his argument is...reality is he is wrong. Two MDs not Burger advised me to cut gluten...it worked for me. Did it cure me...no....did it help me....absolutely. My situation won't be accepted by anyone on this forum though for another 3-4 years since apparently that is the minimum requirement to be a good-bro.

Yes I have felt compelled to comment on what "we know" or don't know about diet a lot lately. Why? Because of people don't see the other side (aka. truth) then they will foolishly read dietary prescriptions from some others and believe that diet is commonly accepted as a good option among people in this community, which of course is a joke. I wouldn't have to repeat it if it weren't for the.....wait for it, wait for it.....repeated posts over and over again by one newbie who promotes his findings as near fact, which of course is a joke.
Should you, azt, cut out gluten based on advice from MD's? Sure. I'm happy things have worked out for you so far and I wish you a long, and healthy life. I hope you come back and report your twitchy experience every year for the rest of your life to add to the mountain of feedback we already have. Being a vet isn't some good old boys club, its a stage of development in BFS.

PS- When you hang around long enough (if you ever do), you'll learn that 95% of all subjects get beaten like a dead horse. Get used to it.
Last edited by johnnythejet on August 7th, 2013, 10:29 am, edited 3 times in total.
User avatar
johnnythejet
Saint
Saint
 
Posts: 1602
Joined: September 15th, 2005, 2:36 pm
Location: Kansas

Re: To all

Postby jerry2 on August 7th, 2013, 1:50 am

Seepi27 wrote:
jerry2 wrote:Burger, I knew that peace from you won't last long. You see I run a forum on my own in my country (not BFS related) and I knew when someone is shouting out loud how they will leave the forum, they NEVER leave. The ones who leave don't yell about it, just leave.

Your every day different solution that works is some sort of harrasment on this forum. I think you have must bigger problems that BFS (if you still have that, I don't read your posts any longer). You should have your ego lowered, it would do you good.

Take care


Hahahahaha

I've really missed you, Jerry2. Everything you say is so dramatic and flamboyant. It just makes me want to set myself on fire!

;-)


The feeling is mutual, Seepi. I am also glad to see the ones who banned me on chat are stil here also ;-) And on the subject, I am on a diet for 6 months and that didn't help me a bit, I've also tried 101 things, I just didn't write about every one of them. Some even seemed to help, but in the long run, it was coincidence, they didn't.

But on the other hand, Burgers advices are at least different. Every day new solution. Johhny's solution is the same all the time. Reading him is like reading the same letter over and over all the time. The truth is perhaps somewhere in the middle. Because this two men have completely different "solutions" to the problem. Unfortunately none of them worked for me.
Last edited by jerry2 on August 7th, 2013, 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
jerry2
Saint
Saint
 
Posts: 928
Joined: October 4th, 2011, 2:25 am
Location: Europe

Re: To all

Postby johnnythejet on August 7th, 2013, 1:53 am

jpbw wrote: Just like i'm not going to give anyone on here legal advice.

Haha, and if you were to give legal advice you would surely end with "Trust me, I'm a lawyer." lol
User avatar
johnnythejet
Saint
Saint
 
Posts: 1602
Joined: September 15th, 2005, 2:36 pm
Location: Kansas

Re: To all

Postby bobajojo on August 7th, 2013, 8:46 am

To support what Johnny is saying, you can find several posts on this board where members think that wheat or gluten free diets actually CAUSED their twitching or made it worse. So ofcourse, going on these diets and making healthier choices will benefit all of us in some way. But will it cure us of our twitching? I'd bet my house on "no". After being on these boards for 2+ years, I can tell you that we, as a community, have absolutely no idea why we are twitching or how to fix it. I'm not saying don't try the diets, I'm just trying to manage expectations. I want to avoid people on here thinking, "Wait, if BFS can be cured by diet and it didn't work for me then I must not have BFS." Thats all. -Matt

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1085&hilit=+multiple+spots+tongue
Over 10 billion twitches since May 2011.
User avatar
bobajojo
Saint
Saint
 
Posts: 1013
Joined: July 1st, 2011, 6:41 am

Re: To all

Postby mwagner on August 7th, 2013, 10:49 am

That's such a good point, Matt.

I think that's all that Johnny's trying to do as well. It's really warning the newbies that diet may or may not help, and if it doesn't, don't worry - it's still BFS and nothing sinister.

In my case, I was pretty deflated when I tried going gluten free, grain free, avoiding nightshades, cutting out caffeine, etc, and I still twitched. Nothing in my diet has made any difference (except when I drink a few glasses of wine, which significantly reduces my twitches! LOL...).

That all being said, I think it's definitely worthwhile to try modifying your diet, since it has been successful for some, if you haven't tried it already. You have nothing at all to lose by trying, if you have the right expectations.

I deeply believe that while we all twitch, the underlying reasons are not always the same. For some it could be food sensitivities, for others it may be some viral process that affected your nervous system, for others it could be extreme stress that needs to be conquered.

I know that despite my twitching, I don't regret being on a gluten free diet (that I've been on for 2 years). It helps in another areas significantly (e.g., IBS).

Mitra
mwagner
Saint
Saint
 
Posts: 1066
Joined: August 27th, 2011, 5:15 pm

Re: To all

Postby jpbw on August 7th, 2013, 11:48 am

I suppose its hard for AZtwitchy to actually read what is being said given the fact that his nose is planted firmly in Burgers behind (metaphorically speaking of course, not a comment on someone's sexuality, before i am accused of a hate crime)
jpbw
Senior Member
Senior Member
 
Posts: 76
Joined: March 28th, 2012, 9:39 am

Re: To all

Postby Seepi27 on August 7th, 2013, 11:56 am

jpbw wrote:I suppose its hard for AZtwitchy to actually read what is being said given the fact that his nose is planted firmly in Burgers behind (metaphorically speaking of course, not a comment on someone's sexuality, before i am accused of a hate crime)


"Now then, now then...."

*shakes ash from cigar, jangles gold medallions*
Seepi27
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time
 
Posts: 225
Joined: April 5th, 2012, 10:10 am

Re: To all

Postby SecretAgentMan on August 7th, 2013, 1:20 pm

There's a lot of negativity in this thread and I honestly don't see this serving anyone's higher purposes for coming here to this forum. Yes, we are all different and have different personalities and sometimes these personalities collide or clash. Debate can be healthy but it's getting a little cold in here. If two people in here have a disagreement it isn't going to be settled by having people pick sides over who is right. That will only fuel the fire and most likely drive some people away. I'm not sure any of us really want that, do we? Can we please move on and just let this thread die?
If your mind is your own worst enemy, why not make friends with it and turn it into your greatest ally? Mental discipline is achievable and there is help available. Learn what works for you, practice, and change your life for the better.
User avatar
SecretAgentMan
Saint
Saint
 
Posts: 1048
Joined: June 30th, 2010, 3:42 pm
Location: Dayton, OH suburbs

Re: To all

Sponsor

Sponsor
 

PreviousNext

Return to General Topics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests