Constant eyelid twitching

General Topics

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Re: Constant eyelid twitching

Postby johnnythejet on July 16th, 2013, 8:09 am

bobajojo wrote:Haha, wait a minute... so you're telling us you have the answer to cure our twitching and if anyone responds to tell you that they've tried it and it didn't work then they didn't do it right and are being flippant? I've been on this forum for over 2 years and when you say "numerous people" report, you are referring to a very very small percent (like only a handful) of the nearly 5,000 people who have joined this forum. So, I'm reading the same forum as Johnny and Christo and I agree with them. I wasn't being flippant Burger but BFS takes all different shapes and forms and to say that diet is the answer for everyone is just being irresponsible.

For the record, I don't know if you were referring to me when you said 2 of the 3 posters above have established a problem with you but I hope you are not referring to me because I have always been respectful to you Burger. If not, then please point me to a post where I haven't. I just disagree with your diet theory. I don't have any triggers, my twitching goes nonstop no matter what I eat. -Matt

Don't get too upset Matt. Anyone who's kept up with the forums knows that certain individuals lash out in most occasions when there is disagreement with their ideas. Instead of accepting the facts that they may be wrong, its easier to twist it into some sort of personal attack.
Christo, add this to the list:
- some people here don't comment on every wrong assumption about diet because, well, its just not worth the energy.
johnnythejet
Saint
Saint

Postby SecretAgentMan on July 16th, 2013, 9:00 am

Back in 2010 when I dove into the diet experiment I did it with a similar level of commitment that BFSB describes. I kept a food journal and wrote down everything I ate. I rotated my diet too, so I never ate the same food twice in a 72 hour window. If I ate beef, I didn't eat any beef again until 72 hours later. If I ate corn, I didn't eat anything with corn ingredients again until 72 hours later. This way if I had symptoms uptick, I knew it was because I ate something recently and I could narrow it down. Also, it gave my body a chance to clear out just about anything inflammatory. Unless it was a common compound, enzyme, or other subtle ingredient, I was giving my body a chance to clear everything I ate out. If it was inflammatory and I reintroduced it again 72 hours later I would usually notice.

One of the problems with multiple inflammatory foods in your diet is that you may never be clear of them long enough to notice a difference. In this regard BFSB has a point. Many people do not dive into the diet issue with the necessary dedication it may take to show them a difference. I am by no means saying that everyone will benefit from diet, but I do truly believe that a majority of people on this forum would benefit and unfortunately just don't realize it. I accepted long ago though that this is a path one must willingly commit to in order to have success. I cannot impose my solution on them. I simply post my perspective and my experiences and hope that those who may benefit from them will listen. Our digestive system is the foundation for our immune system and is incredibly connected with our central nervous system. I remember when it was first suggested to me that diet may be my problem. I couldn't fathom how eating a food could trigger twitching and anxiety. A seed was planted though and I started to take notice. My case was extreme enough that eliminating gluten and dairy alone made a big enough difference for me to notice. Not all here are so fortunate. They may have multiple triggers that I did not have. I just know that the connection between the gut and the systems of the body that impact BFS is strong enough that diet should not be ignored.

I respect other people's opinions and right to decide what to do for themselves though, so I don't harp on it or get upset when someone rejects my suggestions. I just wanted to throw my hat in the ring since we're on the subject here. I respect all of you guys and am grateful that you come to the forum to help out the constant stream of newcomers that are scared out of their wits. Thanks.
If your mind is your own worst enemy, why not make friends with it and turn it into your greatest ally? Mental discipline is achievable and there is help available. Learn what works for you, practice, and change your life for the better.
SecretAgentMan
Saint
Saint

Postby johnnythejet on July 16th, 2013, 9:22 am

Thanks SAM, you are always respectful and thoughtful. You realize we're all on the same team here and everyone can see that. I'm very happy that diet has helped you, and also acknowledge that keeping diet constant, while addressing other factors, has yielded similar results in others. And for the record, I'm not against dietary changes and I advocate living healthy, in general. The improvement in one's health anxiety alone by living healthy can improve symptoms, even when diet has no direct impact. This fact, alone, can muddy the waters of "test results" when playing with diet. We just need to be responsible and careful with overstating "what we know".
johnnythejet
Saint
Saint

Postby SecretAgentMan on July 16th, 2013, 9:41 am

johnnythejet wrote:We just need to be responsible and careful with overstating "what we know".

I agree 100% and this is why I tread as cafefully as I can to avoid making absolute statements. Thanks.
If your mind is your own worst enemy, why not make friends with it and turn it into your greatest ally? Mental discipline is achievable and there is help available. Learn what works for you, practice, and change your life for the better.
SecretAgentMan
Saint
Saint

Postby johnnythejet on July 16th, 2013, 9:45 am

SecretAgentMan wrote:
johnnythejet wrote:We just need to be responsible and careful with overstating "what we know".

I agree 100% and this is why I tread as cafefully as I can to avoid making absolute statements. Thanks.

Yes you do tread carefully, and I've never thought otherwise when reading your posts. You've always been responsible, and I commend you for that.
johnnythejet
Saint
Saint

Postby christo on July 16th, 2013, 10:44 am

We just need to be responsible and careful with overstating "what we know".

Agree 100%
christo
Hero
Hero

Postby Tiber2011 on August 13th, 2013, 8:59 am

Before the body twitching, I was getting twitches in the eye lids for a good month before. Both eyes.

Now, 6 months later, only the right eye will twitch. It's annoying.
Tiber2011
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Sponsor

Sponsor

Previous

Return to General Topics