Pregnancy and BFS

General Topics

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Pregnancy and BFS

Postby Neecie on June 11th, 2013, 1:19 pm

This is my first post, but I want to start off by saying how grateful I am to all of you. I have been browsing through these posts for 3 years, and they have helped me immensely.

My question is one I haven't been able to find on here... I delivered my third child in 2010, after a traumatic childbirth (I hemorrhaged, among other things). About 6 months after, the twitching and crazy symptoms began. I will spare you all the gory details. My story is like many of yours- I completely spiraled out of control... googling, EMGs, neurologists, high anxiety, etc. Lived in absolute panic and fear because of the incessant twitching and buzzing. Every new hotspot sent me reeling, and sometimes still does (if I allow it). I am not completely anxiety free, and I still twitch constantly. Constantly. But I am choosing every day to not focus on it, and live my life. I wasted alot of time obsessing.

Here's my question: My husband and I would like to have a 4th child, and my fear is that I will spiral out of control again. I wonder alot- did the epidural cause the twiching, did the Hemabate I was given after hemorrhaging cause it- the list goes on. Will the twitching get worse if I go through childbirth again? Basically I have my sanity now, and I'm afraid of losing it again! I'd love to hear if anyone has had experience with pregnancy and BFS. Has anyone had BFS prior to pregnancy, and gone onto to have a typical pregnancy, delivery, and post partum?

Again- thanks so much. You all are very special people. And I think I only twitched 300 times in the 15 minutes it took me to write this:)
Neecie

Re: Pregnancy and BFS

Postby SuziQ on June 11th, 2013, 1:41 pm

Everyone's body is different. Oftentimes, autoimmune conditions (which BFS is believed to be,) will go into a sort of remission during pregnancy and then flare afterwards. I'm sure others will be along to share their experience.

For what it's worth, I wouldn't allow BFS to dictate an important life decision such as having another baby. Whether it flares or not, it's benign and won't ultimately hurt either you or your unborn child, so personally, I think you should go for it. :) JMO of course.

Blessings, and welcome to the forum.
Sue
Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.
Mark Twain
SuziQ
Saint
Saint

Re: Pregnancy and BFS

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to General Topics