newbie feeling defeated and frusterated

General Topics

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

newbie feeling defeated and frusterated

Postby Adamk on June 5th, 2013, 11:49 am

I have been twitching for about 6 weeks now, it started with a odd twitch after a long day with little sleep and allot of coffee. I had a finger twitch and it bothered me so I googled it. Since I have had random twitches, anywhere you may think. I have seen a doctor and a neurologist who didn't seem very impressed by any of this and assured me that it would go away on its own. Well it hasn't so far. I just spent last night having another long night of twitching . This time in my knee. I have also had bouts of ear rining at times.

I just want to have a day that is worry free. I don't know how to cope with this and I am just very depressed and frusterated. I have had in the past bouts of tinnitus that lasted a few mo tbs and dizziness that went on for a few months. I was diagnosed with mal dembarqment. the thing it's both of those issues eventually got better so I hope this is just another joke of those things.

I am current trying to get off of my ambien/trozodone mix that I have been taking nightly for 4 years and have stopped taking my Zoloft in hopes that this is a die effect off the meds I'm on.so this has been extra hard on me.

I just need advice on how to deal with this.
Adamk

Re: newbie feeling defeated and frusterated

Postby cclose on June 15th, 2013, 3:36 pm

I assume that as you are posting on this site you've read all the information available and that you think you're symptoms could be due to BFS. From what you say your doctors have not been too helpful. Did they do any tests? Unless they can say what it is that you have, I don't see how they can say it will go away soon. The usual approach taken is to test for conditions where twitches are a known symptom. If none are found, which is often the case, they declare it to be BFS. This means that you have twitches of unknown cause which are considered not to be life threatening. Usually the tests show nothing specific.

From what you say it looks to me that BFS is probably what you have, but you need to hear that from a medical professional who has eliminated other possibilities. Perhaps you should try and find a doctor that gives your case more serious consideration.

You talk about giving up meds that you are currently on. Presumably you are taking them for some reason, so I think you should confirm with your doctor that it is safe and advisable to do so. If you need them, you could make things worse if you stop taking them.

BFS is not dangerous but it can be hard to accept that, as you are constantly reminded about it every time you twitch, so learning to live with it is the difficult thing. It is likely to be a long term thing, although for some people it can stop as suddenly as it started. Its a question of learning to live with it and accepting it as an annoyance rather than something that is going to prevent you leading a full and happy life.

If you look at the various forums here you will see the experiences of people with similar symptoms that you have.

Best of luck Chris
cclose

Postby Enthalp on June 15th, 2013, 5:10 pm

It seems to be a common occurence. EVeryone twitches. I remember getting twitches as a child and thought nothing of it. But this time we have a persistent twitch that just wont go away, google it, and then all of a sudden widespread twitching begins all over the body that refuses to go away, or goes away and comes back randomly. Ive read many stories like this leading me to believe there is some triggered chemical that is released that causes all this. This is just my opinion but it seems to be plausible. I hate it too and want it to go away. Im hoping a week of vacation will do it. But if not, Im not going into depression.
Enthalp

Postby Spider on June 15th, 2013, 5:24 pm

Adamk

It sounds like classic BFS .

Which thrives on anxiety .neurologists very rarely get things wrong .

Read the sticky posts on here by some of the veteran twitchers , they offer great advice .

All the best

Spider
Spider

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to General Topics