How common are fasciculations? Read this....

General Topics

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

How common are fasciculations? Read this....

Postby bobajojo on June 5th, 2013, 9:21 am

So I'm 2+ years into BFS. My calves and feet have not stopped even for a minute. In the past year, my arms and tongue have reached that level as well. So frustrating. So, this morning I was in a board meeting sitting at a long conference table. The guy across the table from me happened to be wearing a golf shirt and had his elbows on the table. I've spent so much time staring at my own forearms/elbows/triceps over the past year that I found myself sitting there staring at this guys arms during the meeting (I know, I need to work on NOT doing that, haha). But then I noticed a flicker in his forearm. Then another in his tricep. Clear fasciculations! I couldn't believe it so ofcourse I kept staring. They were all over his arms... triceps, biceps, elbows, forearms. He was getting about one every few seconds. They were little lightning bolt fasciculations just like the ones I've been getting for the past year. It was crazy. So how common are fasciculations? More common than we think. -Matt
Over 10 billion twitches since May 2011.
bobajojo
Saint
Saint

Re: How common are fasciculations? Read this....

Postby mwagner on June 5th, 2013, 9:49 am

Awesome story Matt.

You are the King of finding fasciculations on people. You even spotted it on the guy on Survivor.

You should have told the guy in your meeting to run and get an EMG....(sarcasm here everyone!).

Mitra
mwagner
Saint
Saint

Postby Jujulia on June 5th, 2013, 9:56 am

Hey Matt, I'm glad to hear from you, it's been a long time! I hope you're doing well.

Anyway, thanks for sharing this very funny story with us!

Jujulia
Jujulia
Hero
Hero

Postby christo on June 5th, 2013, 10:21 am

Hey Matt,

Guess what ? Yesterday evening I was talking with some of my neighboors and one of them was having clear fasciculation on his face and neck. He was not aware of them, nor disturbed and it lasted for 2 or 3 minutes at least. Of course it could be just "normal" fasciculation happening only occasionnaly but anyway, kind of strange coincidence. So, really, how common are fasciculations ?
christo
Hero
Hero

Postby aztwitchy on June 5th, 2013, 12:00 pm

bobajojo wrote:So I'm 2+ years into BFS. My calves and feet have not stopped even for a minute. In the past year, my arms and tongue have reached that level as well. So frustrating. So, this morning I was in a board meeting sitting at a long conference table. The guy across the table from me happened to be wearing a golf shirt and had his elbows on the table. I've spent so much time staring at my own forearms/elbows/triceps over the past year that I found myself sitting there staring at this guys arms during the meeting (I know, I need to work on NOT doing that, haha). But then I noticed a flicker in his forearm. Then another in his tricep. Clear fasciculations! I couldn't believe it so ofcourse I kept staring. They were all over his arms... triceps, biceps, elbows, forearms. He was getting about one every few seconds. They were little lightning bolt fasciculations just like the ones I've been getting for the past year. It was crazy. So how common are fasciculations? More common than we think. -Matt

WAIT, I was in a board meeting this morning, wearing a golf shirt and sitting at a long conference table. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

jk

would be funny story though.
"Health is a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being, and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity." ~World Health Organization, 1948
aztwitchy
Hero
Hero

Postby Numbers624 on June 28th, 2013, 12:03 pm

Hey Matt, I was laying in bed a few months ago and my wife was laying on her stomach. I was talking to her and noticed out of the corner of my eye her muscles twitching. I smiled and didn't say anything.

She now tells me she notices how often she twitches and she thinks about me. So weird.
Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.
-James 1:2
Numbers624

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to General Topics