Question??

General Topics

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Question??

Postby Tb12 on June 5th, 2013, 4:23 am

Hi guys, just curious does anyone get a agressibe muscle shake when they yawn, might be your whole body, or a arm or a leg. The best way to describe it a feeling of over exaggerated muscle shaking when yawning/stretching? It's a weird feeling. Also I think I had my first buzzing experience yesterday, once in the collarbone and once in my ear, it's like a bee flew into my skin and buzzed and then flew out!.. Is that the buzzing a lot of people experience in here?... Also when you guys talk about vibrating is that the same as buzzing? Or vibrating in the terms of rigidy, tremoring muscles? Just curious.
Tb12

Re: Question??

Postby Tb12 on June 7th, 2013, 3:31 am

anyone?
Tb12

Postby SecretAgentMan on June 7th, 2013, 7:55 am

I used to have the shaking/jerky muscle movement especially when I yawned and stretched in the morning. It was scary at the time. I also had some minor experiences with the buzzing/vibrating sensations but it was usually after I ran on the eliptical or around the block. I say used to because all of this went away when I started working on my diet and seeing an alternative medicine doctor who also did acupuncture.
If your mind is your own worst enemy, why not make friends with it and turn it into your greatest ally? Mental discipline is achievable and there is help available. Learn what works for you, practice, and change your life for the better.
SecretAgentMan
Saint
Saint

Postby SuziQ on June 7th, 2013, 7:59 am

Hello there,
From where I'm sitting, your posts were made at 3 and 4 in the morning here in the US, so that might explain why there was no rush of answers to your question. :)

I did a search on the word "yawn" and here is the result:
search.php?keywords=yawn&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=all&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

While you are waiting to hear back from someone, it helps to use the search feature because you will always find that someone has had the same, or similar experience.

MANY of us are(were) able to stimulate muscle movement and fasciculation when we stretch, engage, or even touch certain areas of our bodies. This is normal for BFS.

I can't speak for other people's experience of buzzing or vibrating, but for me, they were different. Buzzing always felt as though I had a cell phone that was buzzing, under my skin. Vibrating was more like a tremor. I think these things are all similar, and that our language is limited, so some of us may assign different words to different symptoms. What is most important is that it is ALL part of BFS and it is ALL benign.

Blessings,
Sue
Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.
Mark Twain
SuziQ
Saint
Saint

Postby jerseygirl on June 13th, 2013, 7:31 pm

Suzi, so glad I read your post. I have been doing so well, but I guess few of us are 100% cured of that underlying fear and will have relapses. I was cooking today and felt a horrible weird cramp in my thigh and got that scared feeling again out of nowhere. . . and now from the butt down, have cramping and buzzing in my foot. Just like you described, it feels like a cell phone under my skin.

Once again, Suzi thanks!
jerseygirl
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby SuziQ on June 13th, 2013, 8:45 pm

jerseygirl wrote:Suzi, so glad I read your post. I have been doing so well, but I guess few of us are 100% cured of that underlying fear and will have relapses. I was cooking today and felt a horrible weird cramp in my thigh and got that scared feeling again out of nowhere. . . and now from the butt down, have cramping and buzzing in my foot. Just like you described, it feels like a cell phone under my skin.

Once again, Suzi thanks!

Awww...glad to have been of help to you, my friend. Those zingers can come out of no-where, but once you get accustomed to every new little thing BFS can throw at you, your nerves settle down; both physically and emotionally.

Blessings,
Sue
Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.
Mark Twain
SuziQ
Saint
Saint

Postby Adamk on June 28th, 2013, 12:37 am

yes I do feel that when I yawn! It's often for me a ore indicator of the muscles that are extra sensitive that day. That's how I know what ones to lay off of to help prevent twitching.
Adamk

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to General Topics