Question about Hot-spots

General Topics

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Question about Hot-spots

Postby will97 on May 30th, 2013, 12:04 pm

Hi all,

I will make it short and brief ... I just would like to know if ever of you have experienced something similar to me in regards to hot-spots.

Over the past many days I have been having very big and deep twitches on the side muscle of my right thigh (the big side muscle of the thigh)... in addition, I have been having twitches in the front muscle of the thigh (near the knee area) of the same leg. This has lasted NON_STOP for teh past days, then yesterday it decided to give me a break - which made me really happy and relieved. Now today, it is back - at the exact same spot!!! WTF???

Has anyone else had hot-spots lat the same area and then leave for some hours or a day and come back only to disturb you again? Please if you have had this can you please share with me? I guess as many of us here, I am just looking for a little reassurance that this is nit something abnormal to us BFS'ers!!!

In addtion to this hot-spot, which I must has made my thigh very, very sore and in pain )as if I had gone running a marathon or something), I have been having twitches elsewhere as well (face, scalp, right thigh, etc...) - not to forget about the twitches that I have 24/7 for the past 6-8 months (toungue and calves) ... :(

I have not been more stressed than usual and in fact I was starting to think that i was feeling better and wasnt focusing as much anymore on myself and thinking that I have als, but now all this just brings back many fears and scary thoughhts!!!

Thanks to all for your input,
Will
will97

Re: Question about Hot-spots

Postby will97 on May 31st, 2013, 4:36 am

hopefully that someome will have some comments.

Thanks
will97

Postby Yuliasir on May 31st, 2013, 8:03 am

I think therer is not many sympathetic people herer just because it is VERY COMMON. Everybady have hotspots in their preferred selected and yes, repeatedly the same places.
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby will97 on May 31st, 2013, 3:54 pm

Thanks Yulisar ... I know taht everyone has his/her own problems/twitches and I can relate to the pain ... I guess I was looking for some people who had similar stories to what I have been going through this past week and a half or so ...

Thanks
W
will97

Postby wimpy39jen on May 31st, 2013, 4:09 pm

Hi there. My calves also twitch non stop as do the arches in both of my feet. My new hot spot is my middle finger on my right hand. It has lasted since Monday. It stops for a bit then comes back every couple of hours or it twitches now after I use my fingers for typing for example. I have had many hot spots that last for a couple of days, stop thank goodness I think then come right back. My calves and feet of course are two.
Jennifer
wimpy39jen
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby donnastar on May 31st, 2013, 4:59 pm

Hi Will,

I had a hot spot a month ago in my hamstring that lasted on and off for 10 days. Very disturbing and provoked some anxiety as well. I'm still waiting for a neuro appointment; it has been a year since my twitching started and I continue to get new symptoms but no serious complaints except for the panic the uncontrolled twitching causes.

Hope your hotspot has given you a break :)
donnastar

Postby Yuliasir on May 31st, 2013, 10:02 pm

Oh, I did not mean we are all obsessed with our own twitches and so do not respond:) I meant only that this is SO COMMON that people probably do not write again about that specifically under your post. Stories about hotspots are everywhere here so if nobody writes, you can search and find fellows with the same feature.
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby colls22 on June 1st, 2013, 6:51 pm

Hi Will,

If you look at my recent posts, you'll see that I've been having the exact same issue. Same area and everything. And same pattern of being bad, quieting down, leaving, coming back, etc. I know it's unnerving. It has been for me.

Apparently this is a normal hot spot, so we shouldn't worry :) easier said...
colls22
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Enthalp on June 2nd, 2013, 10:31 am

Yes hot spots seem to be very common. I get a "flash" twitch in my left arch every minute or two. The twitch doesnt ripple. Its like a pulse that lasts less than 1 second and then re appears over and over. I can feel it and see it. I get random small twitches below thighs and in calves and the occasional thumpers in my buttocks when I am lying down. All this has developed a fear of the dreaded you know what. I am considering speaking to someone about it. OCD has set in bad for me.
Enthalp

Postby lcanela on June 3rd, 2013, 2:18 am

Hi Will, first of all, do not worry about this as it is a must have between us. That said I would suggest you to think about any kind of different posture you are recently having (while sleeping for example?) the reason for this is because I used to have a very very annoying hotspot in my right arm and I discovered after about 1 year that if I did not sleep with my head on my right arm I didn’t have the hotspot. So I did and it’s been about 4 months now without the hotspot.

My opinion is that our nerves are more delicate for some still unknown reason and the hotspots are related to some postures that we take which maybe pinch or bother our nerves a little more. Of course this I just my point of view and my own experience. I hope it helps somehow.

Cheers.
lcanela

Postby mwagner on June 3rd, 2013, 10:18 am

I SO agree with LCanela on this. I feel like hot spots are different than our normal twitching, and have always thought they are related to irritated nerves somehow instead of our overall nerve hyperactivity.
mwagner
Saint
Saint

Postby mwagner on June 3rd, 2013, 12:33 pm

PS: As soon as I wrote that, I realized I'm dealing with a hotspot today as well. It's in my right forearm and is constantly going while using my computer and mouse. If I stop, it seems to subside a bit. As we all know, it's very unnerving. To be honest, it's stressing me out too! :)
mwagner
Saint
Saint

Postby twitchinjohnny on June 3rd, 2013, 2:31 pm

I've had pretty much the same experience since I first started noticing my muscle twitches almost a year ago. Last summer my right thigh started thumping like crazy..... right above my knee cap. For some reason or other it seemed to be most intense when I was driving my car. I could actually see it happening through the fabric of my bluejeans! Around last November, I developed a real hot-spot in my right shoulder and right arm muscles. My thighs and calfs calmed down just a bit, yet every morning I'd be awoken by intense twitching in my shoulder, neck and even chest muscles. Then my right forearm would twitch throughout the day. Crazy.... yet it seems pretty common amongst us BFS types.

I've been trying to figure out what, if anything, may be triggering this. Stress? Diet? Alcohol? Sleep habits? So far, there's no rhyme nor reason as far as I can see. It's annoying as hell, however my neurologist has told me more than once that it's not going to kill or cripple me.

You have lot's of company with this, my friend! Good luck!

John
"If you're going through hell, keep going!"
Sir Winston Churchill
twitchinjohnny
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby will97 on June 7th, 2013, 11:41 am

I would like to thank everyone for their responses and for sharing with me ... I think we all have times where we need to be reassured that we are going through is not unique and that unfortunately others have these symptoms as well.

Wishing you all a nice and ''twitch-free'' weekend :)

Will
will97

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to General Topics