Safe to Google...

General Topics

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Safe to Google...

Postby RGB on May 15th, 2013, 9:02 pm

Lots of people here (me included) have Google to blame for introducing us to a terrifying disease that we previously knew nothing or little about.If you want to make friends with Google again try searching on "muscle twitching during meditation" (and similar variations).

What is interesting is just how very common the 'problem' of twitching is for people who meditate. I find this interesting as it strongly suggests that twitching is a natural occurrence (obviously not to the extent that some here suffer) that we only notice at certain times. Meditation provides ideal conditions (physically still, mentally observant) but so does the kind of focus that is borne out of anxiety and preoccupation.

Just a thought, but I was astonished to see how many people experience twitches when meditating and others may find reassurance from such widespread reports of natural, pre-existing twitches (or that's my theory, even if some search results will claim it is due to your "enhanced energy field unblocking disturbances in your aura" :) ).
My history....Jan '13: Widespread Twitches. May 13': Unremarkable Neuro Exam. Jul '13: Clean EMG. Oct '13: BFS Diagnosis Today's Date: Twitching and Healthy!
RGB
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Re: Safe to Google...

Postby SecretAgentMan on May 16th, 2013, 11:30 am

This would stand to reason since meditation is not part of the 'western culture' those who usually start practicing it do so to deal with their stress management issues. Whether stress is the true cause of conditions such as BFS doesn't really matter, as we all know the strong relationship it has to the strength and frequency of symptoms once they do manifest.

On a side note anyone who is interested in seeing their aura can usually do so fairly easily. If you take both of your hands and make a fist and then extend your index finger on each hand so it is pointing outward. Put your hands in front of you so that your two index fingers are pointing at each other tip to tip with a 1 inch gap between the two. It helps if you do this with a light monotone color backdrop. Now stare through the gap between your two fingers as though you are staring off into the distance of infinity, beyond whatever backdrop you are using. Now using your periferal vision become aware of the outline of your hands and fingers. After a short period of time you should begin to see a hazy color surrounding the outline of your skin. If you try to focus your eyes directly on it you will lose it. Generally you can only see it with your periferal vision. Have fun!
If your mind is your own worst enemy, why not make friends with it and turn it into your greatest ally? Mental discipline is achievable and there is help available. Learn what works for you, practice, and change your life for the better.
SecretAgentMan
Saint
Saint

Re: Safe to Google...

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to General Topics