Gerd, some worry, seeking advice

General Topics

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Gerd, some worry, seeking advice

Postby Tb12 on May 14th, 2013, 8:37 pm

Hey guys, first off I just want to say this forum has been a great help, if you don't know my history in short I have had my symptoms for 5 months of twitching, jolting, tremors and so on. I have had 3 emgs first was dirty last 2 have been clean. I recently have been having lip vibrations after eating and I have facial tremors and twitches. Today I was diagnosed with gerd due to acid reflux, heartburn, excessive saliva and trouble staying a sleep due to breathing issues and obviously my thoughts were maybe there is a bulbar connection? I don't have slurring problems, or swallowing problems I do bite my tongue during eating sometimes tho. Is herd common? Should I be concerned about this as a possible bulbar onset issue? After 5-6 months of symptoms wouldn't bulbar be further along? Any advice would be appreciated. Again thank you guys.
Tb12

Re: Gerd, some worry, seeking advice

Postby Yuliasir on May 14th, 2013, 11:15 pm

GERD is very common in overall population and in our community too. It causes not only heartburn but also persistent cough, severe pains and discomfort during eating (because of spams in the esophagus), nasal drip, pains in the throat similar to bacterial angina etc. In no way it is not something related to bulbar onset and mostly points to chronic stress and irritation of vagus nerve.
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Re: Gerd, some worry, seeking advice

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to General Topics