Best Neurology in the US for These Types of Symptoms

General Topics

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Best Neurology in the US for These Types of Symptoms

Postby muppetdog on May 13th, 2013, 2:24 pm

Hi guys,

This is my first post on the board. I have been reading through a lot of stuff on here for a long time but never pulled the trigger on posting.

I suffer from a lot of the same things I read others discussing on here, and just had a question about doctors. I have been to see a lot of them and, so far, they have been of little help.

Has anyone been to a neurologist in the US they really like and that has helped them to both understand and lesson or get ride of their symptoms? I am looking for a good neurology group in the US that might have a little more knowledge about the symptoms you guys are always discussing. The two neurologist I have seen were very lack luster to say the least (Colorado medicine is very unimpressive.)

I'm at the point, after a year and a half, to where I would like to finally get some answers, and get my life back on-line.

Any help would be great,

Thanks,
MD
muppetdog
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Re: Best Neurology in the US for These Types of Symptoms

Postby mwagner on May 13th, 2013, 2:41 pm

I have only been to two neuros in Denver, but was interested that you're from Colorado. PM me if you'd like, and let me know where. I live in Denver, and have yet to find anyone else on this board from Denver :)

Mitra
mwagner
Saint
Saint

Postby muppetdog on May 17th, 2013, 12:07 pm

Has anyone been to one of these?

It looks kind of interesting. I don't know if its one of those "fast food" type medical places like the Fifibromyalgia Centers of America (name?), but it might be worth some research.

MD

http://www.neurosensorycenters.com/patient/index.html
muppetdog
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby SecretAgentMan on May 17th, 2013, 1:06 pm

If you're willing to travel, I'd recommend my docs, a small husband and wife practice. He is an acupuncturist and she is a chiropractor. Thanks to their services I consider myself cured of BFS. They are so good that they actually have patients across the US that actually pay for them to come out to where they are. Unless you're wealthy though, its probably cheaper to travel to Dayton. Don't expect miracles after just one visit, but they can probably put you on some sort of plan to help you start feeling better.
If your mind is your own worst enemy, why not make friends with it and turn it into your greatest ally? Mental discipline is achievable and there is help available. Learn what works for you, practice, and change your life for the better.
SecretAgentMan
Saint
Saint

Postby muppetdog on May 17th, 2013, 1:50 pm

Thanks man,

I will highly consider that. It seems like you have had great result going at it "au naturale." I have been so disappointing in mainstream medicine it is insane. I really wish I could find a Dr that has had the same symptoms I experience. You really can't respect the merry go round, until have experienced the fun for yourself. (My merry go round buzzes a lot, dang thing:)

MD
muppetdog
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby SecretAgentMan on May 17th, 2013, 7:35 pm

The neat thing about merry go rounds is that they only show the signs of their wear until you figure out how to properly maintain them, then they're good as new. :)
If your mind is your own worst enemy, why not make friends with it and turn it into your greatest ally? Mental discipline is achievable and there is help available. Learn what works for you, practice, and change your life for the better.
SecretAgentMan
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to General Topics