DHEA. Please read.

General Topics

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

DHEA. Please read.

Postby englishdave on March 6th, 2013, 5:24 pm

Hi all.

I just wanted to share something with you. Many of you will have already tried, or at least been aware of this already.

One of the most awful underlying symptoms of our condition for me has been that awful tired, lack lustre feeling. A general feeling of not being right, not feeling as i did pre-BFS. A strange uneasy / anxious feeling.

About 4 weeks ago now i started taking DHEA supplement. i started on 25 mg a day, which is a low dose, just to ensure my tollerance. No side effects at all. I then increased after 10 days to 50 mg and have been taking that ever since.

The result? well i have a STAGGERING increase in energy. i feel more positive and find myself behaving more like the old Dave. i can focus again on tasks and dont find my brain 'fogging over' anywhere near as much.

Its important i add that i still twitch, i still have odd cramps and i still have a whole raft of other bfs symptoms. It hasnt cured my BFS. But it has improved radically my quality of life and attitude to this whole thing.

Im not going to blind people with the science of how DHEA works, everyone here has a higher than average intelect.

For me, its helping and if bringing this to the attention of the forum helps only one person, then its been well worth the five minutes of typing.

Love Dave.
englishdave
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Re: DHEA. Please read.

Postby SecretAgentMan on March 6th, 2013, 5:56 pm

DHEA (dehydroepiandrosterone) is an endogenous hormone (made in the human body), and secreted by the adrenal gland. If taking this supplement makes you feel better it is a good indicator that your adrenal glands are not functioning properly. Rather than taking a synthesized hormone supplement, I'd recommend going to see an acupuncturist who is skilled in stimulating adrenal gland function. Taking synthesized hormones wreak all kinds of havoc on your body and throw your system even further out of balance than it already is.
If your mind is your own worst enemy, why not make friends with it and turn it into your greatest ally? Mental discipline is achievable and there is help available. Learn what works for you, practice, and change your life for the better.
SecretAgentMan
Saint
Saint

Postby chicagobfs on August 23rd, 2013, 7:55 pm

So I just happens to read this book about "healing" it's wrote by a md that treats people with fibro CFS lyme and other.
In his book he stated that almost 90% of his patients have low dhea and that it is often first step to make them better by taking supplement. He also suggest NOT to take a supplement without proper testing.
chicagobfs
Hero
Hero

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to General Topics