DOING THE BULBAR EMG TOMORROW (WEDNESDAY)

General Topics

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

DOING THE BULBAR EMG TOMORROW (WEDNESDAY)

Postby SLL on June 22nd, 2004, 9:17 pm

as you've seen I posted a lot recently about all sorts of bulbar scares after I had a normal limb EMG 3 weeks ago...well, went back to another neuro - my other one chalks all up to anxiety - and bless this new guy's heart, he saw me today, had a normal neuro exam (he really only did reflexes again since I just had an EMG of the arms and leg) and he is going to do an EMG TOMORROW 5pm....cannot believe it. Bulbar only.

HOW is the Bulbar EMG...my other was a piece of cake...I am scared. HOW can you relax those muscles well..is it easy? I am terrified of what he is going to find.....
SLL
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Johnny on June 22nd, 2004, 10:52 pm

Don't know about a bulbar EMG, but my neuro did test my tongue by sticking the needle up under my chin in two areas. I think that's the standard tongue stick. I guess he will check there as well as the back of your neck. I'll say a prayer for you tonight.
Johnny
Hero
Hero

Postby homer8 on June 23rd, 2004, 2:25 am

Good luck with your EMG. It should at least go quickly and since your neuro exam and limb EMG was ok I am sure you are going to be fine!
Let us know how it goes.
homer8

Postby dsiple on June 23rd, 2004, 9:49 am

When I had my EMG, they stuck me in 2 or 3 places on my face and neck, all normal. I also wanted to add, please keep positive thoughts on all of this, it has helped me tremendously through all of this. I feel great and life goes on. Good luck and let us know how you make out.

Regards,
Duane
dsiple

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to General Topics