What the PT said about twitching

General Topics

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Postby speg on June 21st, 2004, 5:10 pm

I went to physical therapy again today. I asked the therapist about the twitching. She sortof scared me at first cause she asked a bunch of questions about consistency of twitching (like in one spot all the time) and if the twitching was random and did it come and go . . . since my twitching is pretty much in one calf 24/7, I got nervous. Then she said muscle twitching can be cause by a number of things including weakness (HELP!), fatigue, stress, hormones and nutritional deficiencies. I explained to her I lost alot of weight on Atkins recently and she seemed convinced that was my problem. I mentioned ALS to her and she made a strange face and said, "Oh, nothing like that!" I asked if it were weakness from a neurological problem like ALS would I be falling over and such. She said I would with something serious or severe, and what I had didn't sound like anything severe to her. But she felt I should keep an eye on it, and if it persisted (???) or got worse, I should mention it to a doctor. I asked what type of doctor . . . sports med, neuro or GP . . . again, she recommended a nutritionist.
speg
Hero
Hero

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to General Topics