READ this article please

General Topics

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

READ this article please

Postby BTS on June 13th, 2004, 12:13 pm

A disclaimer here...I'm not accusing ANYONE of being a hypochondriac, so please don't take it that way. However, given the recent posts and folks ignoring what the docs say, I think this is appropriate. I too, am still recovering from what I feel is anxiety-fueled BFS, if there is such an animal. However, peace only comes when you start to accept certain realities. I won't list them again, as I think uber, Kent1915, and Aaron and others have listed them countless times before.

This article talks about the web and it's detrimental affect on people worrying about illness.

http://my.webmd.com/content/article/50/ ... ectedguid={5FE84E90-BC77-4056-A91C-9531713CA348

Remember, LISTEN to the medical professionals and your own voice of reason.

Be steady.

BTS
BTS

Hi

Postby dont on June 13th, 2004, 12:20 pm

I totally agree. I twitched with panic attacks 12 years ago and my PCP didn't even pay attention to it. I took Prozac and Xanax and it went away along with my obssession. This year when I twitched again with panic attacks I went straight to the net and dx myself with ALS and have been obssessed ever since. I think if I had stayed away from the ALS sites this past January I would have taken another anti dep and probably would be fine by now because I even have copies of my medical records from 12 years ago that show I twitched then too. Why can't I accept that and move on? Because of the net. It's my fault but it is because of the net.

Karen
dont
Hero
Hero

Postby KimE on June 14th, 2004, 11:17 am

OMG! That is me. In a nutshell.

KE
KimE

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to General Topics