comparison of BFS symptoms to Parkinsons symptoms

General Topics

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

comparison of BFS symptoms to Parkinsons symptoms

Postby jmlong on June 7th, 2004, 10:54 am

Can anyone give me a comparison of symptoms of parkinsons vs bfs.
I have twitching in my legs, arms, and belly. Also my legs and arms will have a deep ache from time to time. Mostly my right thigh aches on most days. This has been going on for about 5 months. Had a normal emg and MRI. Still worried though Thanks
jmlong

Postby Bradford on June 7th, 2004, 12:05 pm

From what I've read about the differential, One with P.D will have obvious tremor "at rest" that is different form essetial or postural tremor which is a tremor occurring during muscle activity. Shakiness at rest is anxiety or low blood sugar almost all the time.

In addition, olfactory changes (strange smelling sensations) has been noted and probably one of the most obvious indications is the response of of PD to L-dopamine or something like that. PD isn't a mystery to the expert physicians.

Changes in gait (woddle and very shortened stride) is commonly seen.

BFS while it may encompase many strange and annoying neuromuscular manifestations, it is very different from PD. We BFS patients often complain of internal vibrations, but this is different from flat out tremor at rest in the context of PD. Muscle fasciculations (twtiching) is not in the differntial of PD.
Bradford
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to General Topics