cold to touch?

General Topics

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

cold to touch?

Postby danny killeen on June 5th, 2004, 3:56 pm

Does anyone here sometines have areas on their body that feel cold to the touch? I am scared to search elsewhere.
Sometimes I will have cold areas and it make me think the tissue is dying and not gettign circulation. I feel sick writing this. Any advice? I have been extensively tested and told I have BFS and anxiety......
danny killeen
Interested
Interested

That is NOT a symptom of ALS

Postby RexM on June 5th, 2004, 6:52 pm

That is not a symptom of ALS. But anxiety does cause all kinds of problems with our bodies from the "fight or flight" syndrome. Especially the hands and feet are prone to being cold during severe anxiety attacks like this, but other areas can be affected too.
PLEASE stop obsessing about every symptom you experience. If you've been extensively tested there's no way you have ALS.
RexM
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby danny killeen on June 6th, 2004, 10:12 am

Thank you for your kind and quick reply.

I am pretty worked up lately, and there is no reason for this latest round of terror. I have noticed a constant pain in my right thumb and I have occasional spasm type pain in my hands, more often the right hand.

My voice sounds hoarse and higher in pitch, which my Neuro puts down to anxiety! I am a mess. But your post hels a bit.
danny killeen
Interested
Interested

Try "anxietycentre.com"

Postby RexM on June 6th, 2004, 2:58 pm

Check out "anxietycentre.com". Anxiety causes all kinds of symptoms, and greatly exacerbates those we already have from BFS.
I've been pretty calm myself lately, but all it takes for my twitching and pain to ramp back up is to start getting anxious. I can tell that you are the same, and right now your symptoms are peaking because you're wound up tighter than a drum.
RexM
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby danny killeen on June 6th, 2004, 4:37 pm

Rex

thanks for the advice. I already subscribed to anxietycentre.com when I read about it here before. It is excellent and I would recommend it, but it has not been enough......I guess that it part of the problem for me, not being able to believe good advice!

This site is a Godsend.
danny killeen
Interested
Interested

Postby Pole on June 8th, 2004, 2:05 am

I have exactly that feeling - like skin would be hypersensitive and cold when I touch it. It ussually happens on bottoms of my thight and forearms. It has nothing to do with ALS because in ALS there is no that kind of abnormalities
Marcin
Pole
Hero
Hero

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to General Topics