anxiety and muscle twitching

General Topics

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

anxiety and muscle twitching

Postby Floater on May 30th, 2004, 3:05 pm

Why is it that everything you read on bfs...says anxiety is a major contributing factor... i believe anxiety is more of a symptom of bfs and stress and or anger is more of a contibuting factor..i could be wrong... but when i have anxiety my symptoms dont get worse...but after im stressed or angry... and i try to relax and calm myself..then i seem to get attacked by my symptoms...is it the same for everyone else?
Floater
Saint
Saint

Floater

Postby terryg on May 30th, 2004, 4:42 pm

I do not feel I was any more stressed than usual when I first noticed twitching. (I had been fairly stressed the previous month) Once I started investigating the symptoms I became majorly stressed and I had my strongest symptoms. Now that I am pretty positive that I am not dying my symptoms have decreased. I have not noticed a correlation with anger or trying to calm myself.

Take Care
Terryg
terryg

Postby garym on May 30th, 2004, 10:19 pm

My neuro says he doesn't believe anxiety has anything to do with the cause of BFS. But he also said he had never had a BFS patient that didn't suffer anxiety as a symptom. He also says that anxiety can play a role in the severity of sx's. I think everyone on this board can atest to that fact.

Gary
garym

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to General Topics