questions

General Topics

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

questions

Postby barbo36 on May 19th, 2004, 10:16 am

HI everyone I am back once again with ????? First does anyone feel like there twitches decide to settle in an area of the body for a day or two and then move somewhere else? Sometimes my twitching settles in my face and scalp and twitches away all day it is wierd. Also I get these sore or achey spots that dont stay forever but for a while like right now under my left lower rib and to the side of my stomach it is sore and if I move the wrong way it will pull at it and hurt. For a few days My neck area was sore. Also my neck is sore alot. I am just still kinda worried and hopinf this can all be explained by bfs. One more question, If you have a pain where there is an organ how do you know if it is bfs or something else? I dont want to run to the doctor for every pain I get that doesnt go away for a while. Thanks for your knowlege! Barb
barbo36

Hi

Postby dont on May 19th, 2004, 10:42 am

I struggle with that daily. Mostly my legs just ache constantly like a dull ache. Sometimes it feels muscle related and other times nerve related because it stings. I have the same pain under my right rib cage quite often too and I always wonder if it's an organ causing it or not. When my back aches I wonder if it's my kidney. I think the whole twitching ordeal has made me a hyperchondriac and I too feel stupid running to my doc everytime I get an ache. I went about two weeks ago about legs and she was my doc 12 years ago when I had panic attacks and I had extremity cramps then too. She was patient with me and ran a muscle enzyme panel that came back totally normal and she blamed it on stress. So I know how confusing it all is. Just hang in there.
dont
Hero
Hero

I know what you

Postby KimE on May 19th, 2004, 10:44 am

mean. I tend to get problem spots and they migrate.

Lately my shoulders have been aching.

I just wish I could go back six months ago and feel like what i felt like then and make a comparison. Am I being hyper-vigilant? Did I always have some of these aches and pains?

Just dunno

Kim
KimE

Postby garym on May 19th, 2004, 12:14 pm

Kim,

It is probably a little of both (hyper-vigilance and normal pains) mixed in with classic BFS symptoms. There is a link between BFS and painful muscles. I've been told that by two neuros. There is also a tendency to fixate on our problems, and that makes every little thing seem big. Don't let it get you down.

Gary
garym

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to General Topics