Clicking and popping joints

General Topics

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Clicking and popping joints

Postby speg on May 3rd, 2004, 10:31 am

I have been suffering from BFS and an anxiety disorder (OCD and health anxiety) for about seven years ago. My first episode began after a very traumatic incident at that time -- I had hand tremors, internal neck tremors, twitches all over, popcorn sensations in my calves and buzzing in my feet. After about a year of anti-anxiety meds and benzos, everything subsided except for the neck tremor, an occasional eye twitch and a random fasiculation. About six months ago, I went through another extreme traumatic incident in my life. This time, I have noticed all of my joints click, pop, or snap. It seems to have come on suddenly. Mostly my fingers, wrists, elbows, shoulders, neck, and ankles!!! I am in no pain, have no swelling, stiffness or redness. It is just annoying and disturbing. I can make certain joints (wrists, shoulders) click or pop at will! My joints feel either very loose or very tight? I am terrified of something serious, but I feel just fine. Is this a common side effect of BFS?

Thanks,
Peg
speg
Hero
Hero

Postby twitching man on May 3rd, 2004, 10:58 am

Speg-I have it all except for the tremore in my neck. My ankles pop all of the time. I think it has something to do with BFs.
PAul
twitching man

Hi

Postby KimE on May 3rd, 2004, 11:02 am

Joint popping was a symptom I had that preceded all my other symptoms. I used to run 4 miles three days a week and work out with weights. Since I have stopped and am only doing yoga I have noticed my joing cracking has diminished. But it seemed like it came on intensly and suddenly.

I don't know if it was related or related to the level of exercise and the stress that was put on them.

I just don't know but I 'd be curious if others have had joint cracking and popping (painless).

Kim
KimE

Joints

Postby Bradford on May 3rd, 2004, 12:20 pm

I've certainly noticed an increase in my joints popping. As an avid golfer
I couldn't help but notice it. As long as it is painless its harmless according to some medical sites. It can be as simple as trapped air in the joints as tendons move across the bone structures. In fact I read (reptuable medical site) that when you pull your fingers and hear the joint pop its actually trapped air.

I have been taking Glucosomine because of its proven track record in lubricating old joints (like mine) and its theraputic benefit with those with actual arthritis pain. I've also tried my best to keep hydrated-lots of water
and I continue to stretch on a daily basis. The results are a significant decrease in the joint poping. In fact I was amazed how quickly the these symptoms went away.

Thats been my experience with joint popping. I think its one thing that
we can see improvements with through this BFS stuff.
Bradford
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Joints

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to General Topics