Questions about hormones for anyone interested

General Topics

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Questions about hormones for anyone interested

Postby barbo36 on April 27th, 2004, 8:47 am

God I am horrible with those subject lines I never know what to put. Anyways I really would like to know if any woman notice a differance in there twitching when they are getting there periods. Mine get worse and everything else does too. I have no clue why but it really makes me wonder as since the first time I twitched I have had 11 day periods and it has been 11 months of 11 day periods and 11 months of twitching. Before the twitching I was always totally regular and never went over 6 days. I worry sometimes thinking that my organs are getting weak before my muscles. I dont know if that is even possible but I do worry. I have developed mild copd my periods are wierd and other things that probobly arnt worth mentioning because I havent had an actual diagnoses. I also developed some sort of heartburn after about five months of this. So if anyone has any ideas about the hormone thing or an answer to the possibility of organs getting weak before muscles please post . Oh and sorry if my questions sound really ignorant especially the organ one but I refuse to look any of this stuff up on the web because I tend to only take the worst of what I have read and run with it
barbo36

Hi Barbo

Postby KimE on April 27th, 2004, 12:37 pm

Interesting. Do you or did you take birth control pills?

As soon as this crap starting, I stopped taking BCP. I had been taking them only because they kept my skin clear (my hormones are whacked, I still get acne at 34!) My first impulse was to stop taking anything and everything questionable. I cut out the BCP, nutrasweet, milk...

I just don't know. BTW, how did you find out you have the COPD?

Kim
KimE

hormones

Postby barbo36 on April 27th, 2004, 2:13 pm

I never took birth control. I have had my tubes tied for 9 years. I found out I had copd when I went to a rheumy for this stuff{ that is where my doc sent me} and he did a chest x-ray for who knows what. Do you notice a differance at all around your period? Barb
barbo36

hey again

Postby KimE on April 27th, 2004, 2:43 pm

Well, it is hard to say. I have always been very irregular and have only been off for two months. The only time I was ever regular was on the orthotrycycline. I hate not being able to take it but I guess at 35 I should not be taking it even in the healthiest of circumstances.

I did not know you went to a rheumy. What did he say? Do you have a positive ANA? I do, it is low titer and neuro said no signs of lupus, or the other autoimmune crap. Unless ofcourse you count strange neuro symptoms....

I went to my neuro yesterday. Basically, I waited for an hour for him to tell me let's give it a wait and see approach, see you in four months.

I don't think I have BFS, I think I have some type of neuropathy. I really don't know the cause. I just need a breather from all the testing and waiting and pulling my hair out.

You know what I mean?
Kim
KimE

Postby marieclare on April 27th, 2004, 5:57 pm

Everything gets worse for me during my period too--I take birth control and the week I am off is AWFUL with the twitching---soooooo I talked to my Dr and am now taking the pill continuously with a break every three or four months---MUCH BETTER!
marieclare
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

hormones

Postby barbo36 on April 27th, 2004, 6:06 pm

Yes I went to a rheumy because the blood tests my regular doctor ran showed a positive ana but it was right above border line limit. When I went to the rheumy he retested and it tested negative. I dont know if it was accurate because on the results it said I was supposed to fast and I didnt because I wasnt told to.With the first doc he told me not to eat anything so I didnt. I dont know if that makes a huge differance or not. I do know what you mean about all the testing and wondering it does get old. Although I really would like an emg. I have been twitching with little cramps for 11 months now and it still worries me.
barbo36

hormones

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to General Topics