who is this

General Topics

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

who is this

Postby barbo36 on April 20th, 2004, 11:32 am

Hi does anyone know who twitchlots is? They pmed me saying I sounded like I had lyme disease and to e-mail them if I had any questions so I did and my mail was returned saying it wasnt an e-mail adress. I really like to getpms but this one kinda worried me and then it wasnt even a adress? I was tested for lyme and I believe it was an elisa test or something and it came back negative so I am wondering should I still be worried about that.Is this just someone trying to upset people? If it isnt why didnt they give a real e-mail adress? Barbara
barbo36

Don't know who that is, but....

Postby RexM on April 21st, 2004, 10:12 am

I have seen a number of older messges on this board about Lyme where the person writing is hard core in pushing the Lyme possibility even in the face of negative tests. I thought I might have Lyme, because I'd had a tick bite six months before the symptoms began. So, based upon the messages I'd seen on this site, I didn't settle for the Lyme test done by my neuro, but went in to see an infectious disease doctor. He is tops in Southern California, Harvard Med School grad, and head of infectious disease dept for a prestigious hospital. He told me that there is a sort of cult [not his word, but what he meant] of "non traditional" practitioners who claim they find Lyme where others have missed it. While he was trying to be diplomatic, I got the message that in his opinion there is a sub culture of "quack" Lyme diagnosers out there.
I choose to believe him, and as time has gone on, I've become convinced that my symptoms are definitely BFS.
RexM
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby dwl on April 21st, 2004, 10:35 am

"Twitchlots" is Carol-Marie who previously posted under another name. Among other things, she claimed to have als when she didn't. Do a search on her alleged email address & you'll see her postings. I'll leave you to draw your own conclusions.
dwl
Hero
Hero

thanks

Postby barbo36 on April 21st, 2004, 2:04 pm

Thanks I pmed arron who filled me in
barbo36

thanks

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to General Topics