[deleted]

General Topics

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

[deleted]

Postby TheyDon'tBelieveMe on April 20th, 2004, 4:15 am

[deleted]
Last edited by TheyDon'tBelieveMe on April 20th, 2004, 5:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheyDon'tBelieveMe

Postby dwl on April 20th, 2004, 4:53 am

I think that these very selective quotes from als websites are extremely unhelpful and liable to frighten people. It doesn't alter the fact that a normal neuro exam plus normal emg excludes als. None of these people will have had normal emg's & normal neuro examinations hence it is very misleading.

Anyone can find tiny snippets from als websites and try to apply them to their own situation while ignoring more important facts. It's a classic case of the tail wagging the dog.

My own opinion is that if you have been told you do not have als than you have no reason to hang about als websites - it will only scare the sh*t out of you and magnify your symptoms.

David
dwl
Hero
Hero

Postby Pole on April 20th, 2004, 5:29 am

TDBM

do you believe that there is a syndrome called BFS and a hallmark of this syndrome is benign muscle twitching? Do you believe or not? If YES (and you should because BFS is well described in neurological books - I think in your new book too).

So why you want to prove yourself that in your case it's not BFS but ALS?

regards
Marcin
Pole
Hero
Hero

Postby TheyDon'tBelieveMe on April 20th, 2004, 6:01 am

Pole: Indeed I believe that BFS exists and in no way do I want to think I've got ALS. However, if there is information in this forum that isn't completely accurate, I think we should clarify it. The credibility of the forum is harmed when information is omitted simply to keep people from being scared.
TheyDon'tBelieveMe

Postby dwl on April 20th, 2004, 6:07 am

TDBM,

I think you should reinstate your original post in case anyone reads the replies and thinks "OHMIGOD WHAT'S THIS!"

My point is that these are unsubstantiated anecdotal postings and should not be regarded as bona fide information, especially when read in isolation.

David
dwl
Hero
Hero

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to General Topics