Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM) a possible cure for BFS?

General Topics

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM) a possible cure for BFS?

Postby franciscotuazon on June 20th, 2010, 9:07 pm

Hello everyone!

I have been taking Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM) supplements, 1gm in the morning and 1gm in the evening. I am now on my second bottle of these supplements, each bottle containing 60 capsules and I am on my second month of use on these supplements as of this posting. Sometimes due to busy schedule, I was only able to take one capsule a day.

MSM is said to be a natural source of sulfur with anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties. It was also said that MSM has anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties.

I noticed a remarkable drop in my muscle twitchings since I finished my first bottle of MSM supplements. I sleep better and concentrate better. It used to be that that I twitch almost every minute and it appears that not a single muscle group was spared from head to toe for the last 5 years. Now, all of a sudden, the muslce twitches are almost gone, they are far in betweeen. I can't wait to see it stop completely.

Is it possible that Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM) is the BFS cure we are all waiting for?

Perhaps we can have parallel postings on how we experience relief from our BFS symptoms with the use of MSM in this forum? I wish to know if people suffering from BFS in this forum will be relieved similarly of BFS symptoms.

My regards to all, and please keep sharing information! We might just find the BFS cure that has eluded scientists for years.

Francisco

References:

http://www.articlesbase.com/health-arti ... 51717.html

http://www.naturodoc.com/library/medsma ... sulfur.htm

http://www.naturodoc.com/sulfurstudy.htm

http://www.naturodoc.com/library/medsma ... nefits.htm
franciscotuazon
Interested
Interested

Re: Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM) a possible cure for BFS?

Postby ImOK on September 10th, 2010, 11:34 am

Hey francisco - you still out there? I was wondering how it was going with the MSM? Are you still having improvements? I know the placebo effect can last up to 3 months for some ....
I know some people with arthritis that use DMSO (a relative to MSM and used topically) successfully to reduce pain and inflammation. However, I haven't seen any evidence that MSM works for the same thing (no supporting studies on MSM are conclusive). Sulfur products have been used by humans for a long time so it can't be all bunk.
ImOK
Saint
Saint

Postby franciscotuazon on September 10th, 2010, 11:40 pm

I am on my 3rd MSM bottle now. There are days when I take MSM and there are days when I do not because the muscle twitching varies now. There are days when I am no longer bothered by it (since I hardly noticed the muscle twitchings) and there are days when there are some (meaning the twitchings are noticed but not too bothersome). I do not think that its a placebo effect because previously before taking MSM supplements I experience bothersome symptoms like buzzing in my left ear, pain and headache, and significant muscle twitchings almost every minute. The muscle twitching are now really far in between and much less pronounced. I promise to give more updates once I am finished with my 4th bottle of MSM. Quality of life is much better now, that's what I can honestly say. It was hell before MSM! :)
franciscotuazon
Interested
Interested

Postby billydog on November 14th, 2010, 10:40 pm

franciscotuazon wrote:I am on my 3rd MSM bottle now. There are days when I take MSM and there are days when I do not because the muscle twitching varies now. There are days when I am no longer bothered by it (since I hardly noticed the muscle twitchings) and there are days when there are some (meaning the twitchings are noticed but not too bothersome). I do not think that its a placebo effect because previously before taking MSM supplements I experience bothersome symptoms like buzzing in my left ear, pain and headache, and significant muscle twitchings almost every minute. The muscle twitching are now really far in between and much less pronounced. I promise to give more updates once I am finished with my 4th bottle of MSM. Quality of life is much better now, that's what I can honestly say. It was hell before MSM! :)

I was just wondering, where can I purchase this MSM and is it completely safe to take?
billydog

Postby ImOK on November 15th, 2010, 1:27 pm

MSM is sold in drug stores, by vitamin sellers, and sometimes even grocery stores - it's not hard to find and is not very expensive unless you get it with a bunch of other stuff (sellers often mix it with other compounds). It seems Francisco was using the plain MSM. I tried the mixtures and didn't find they had any added effect. Testing has shown it to help people with joint pain so doctors will often suggest it for that (as in my case and yes it seemed to help after a while). Like other supplements it is not controlled so you would want to get a good brand so that you are getting what it says on the bottle. The testing I saw didn't find any precautions were necessary but like everything else you shouldn't overdo it - just take the recommended dosage. Good luck with it.
ImOK
Saint
Saint

Postby paulhp on November 22nd, 2010, 1:40 pm

Just ordered some anything is worth a try
paulhp

Postby franciscotuazon on November 23rd, 2010, 12:52 am

Update: I have not started with my 4th bottle of MSM yet. I deliberately stopped using MSM just to see if the muscle twitchings will increase or return to its original state. I feel better with occassional muscle twitching once in a while. I thought that if MSM had a mere placebo effect, then my muscle twitchings will return to its original scary state. I hope not. :)
franciscotuazon
Interested
Interested

Postby ImOK on November 23rd, 2010, 2:44 pm

Maybe it was the sulfur in the MSM that helped with a low grade infection? If that is the case then your twitches should not return unless you are re-infected......
ImOK
Saint
Saint

Postby billydog on November 23rd, 2010, 10:29 pm

Thank you for the info.
billydog

Postby paulhp on November 24th, 2010, 4:02 pm

On the 2nd tablet now but top of the leg went mental tonight for about 30 mins.... still will do 90 tablets and report back
paulhp

Postby tym2chill on December 23rd, 2010, 11:04 pm

so
whats the outcome
Live by the knights code:
Truth
Honor
Justice
Valor
ALL FOR ONE AND ONE FOR ALL
tym2chill
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby DoubleD on December 24th, 2010, 1:37 am

Ok I have read all franciscos post and did some studying (and been around for awhile) and have to say all this does not sound on the up and up. Everybody please be wary of newbies with "cures". Sounds like somebody with an agenda. Sorry but have seeen this before.

DD
" By this all men will know that you are my diciples, if you love one another." John 13:35

10 years BFS
24/7 twitches all over
Cramps, tingling, buzzing, and a host of other weird things
Until you own your BFS, you will never disown als
DoubleD
Saint
Saint

Postby tym2chill on December 24th, 2010, 8:27 am

thanks Double D
Live by the knights code:
Truth
Honor
Justice
Valor
ALL FOR ONE AND ONE FOR ALL
tym2chill
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby paulhp on December 24th, 2010, 11:34 am

If anything it made them worse so stopped after about the 10th tablet
paulhp

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to General Topics