Arch twitches

General Topics

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Arch twitches

Postby Miss Twitchy on March 23rd, 2004, 12:46 am

Hey fellow twitchers and twitchees...I haven't been here in a while. I'm still twitchin away with no other symptoms than the twitches. Since I was last here, I was put on Lexapro and Klonopin for anxiety and depression. Since the Lexapro and caffeine don't mix (I'd bounce off the walls if i did that!) I have cut back on my caffeine almost 100%. I found that that dramatically decreased my muscle twitches. though I'm not sure if it was the caffeine cutback or the meds... anyhoo, back to my point. my point is that the arches in my feet twitch non stop. i never realized it b/c i was so used to it and always cited my right shoulder as my most common twitch. i mean, have you ever looked at your feet closely (esp after a long day of walking) and it looked like you had bugs crawling right under the surface of your skin? my friends laugh at me for staring at my feet, but then they see it and cant stop looking either. does anyone else find that their arches are a twitch happy area??? :?:
Miss Twitchy

Postby Arron on March 25th, 2004, 7:38 pm

I don't have that, but I have read LOTS of posts where people said the same thing. Most people get that same symptom in their calves, non stop. Arches are also a common place for the worms under the skin stuff.

It's good that you can laugh at them with your firnds. Don't dwell on it or let it "get to you". Glad to hear you are doing great other than that, and watch-out for the caffeine. It can rasie adrenalene levels and that WILL cause your symptoms to increase and get worse, which is also why stress or anxiety causes BFS to get worse as well. Glad you stopped-by to say hello and to share your symptoms and to show other's that you do not have to let this stuff get to you and that there cwertainly IS life after BFS if you just laugh at all of it and move-on, as you did :-)

Don't be a stranger. Even though your post was a question asking other's about arches twitching, the rest of your post will help many other's.
Arron

Postby Craig on March 26th, 2004, 10:34 am

Miss Twitchy - I have had the exact same thing with the arches of my feet for the last 1 1/2 years. Sometimes it is better and sometimes it is worse but for the most part it is always there. Like Arron said, I know there are plenty of others with the same thing.

Take care,

Craig
Craig
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby kazar on March 27th, 2004, 11:29 am

Just wanted to throw my hat into the ring as well. I have had calf twitching 24/7 for a year now. If I look closely at my arches, they too are always on the go. I don't feel it, so I have no idea how long that's been going on. I assume the same time as the calves.

Karen
kazar

Hello Miss Twitchy

Postby John on March 28th, 2004, 11:06 pm

I have had the twitching in my arches for almost 16 months now ,but they are far better than they were at one point . I would sit and watch my calves and my feet for hours on end at one point . My arches would Twitch so bad that my toes would look like they were controlled by an old enemy ,that had a remote control and a sick sense of humor .
I am off of the lexapro and the Klonopin now and I have not near the twitches in my arches that I used to , allthough they do still apear from time to time .

Good luck ,they will get better in time .

John :lol:
John

Hello Miss Twitchy

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to General Topics