For those with lump in their throat!

General Topics

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

For those with lump in their throat!

Postby Airmade on March 22nd, 2004, 7:38 pm

In the last two months together with a worsening of fascics (increased in quantity) I developed a sensation of a lump in my throat (a sort of constant contraction of laryngeal muscles). Usually I start to get this feeling in the afternoon and evening (rare in morning). I read here that some of you (can't remember who) gets this "lump" feeling, do you?
I know that anxiety can bring this feeling... but, beleive me, I don't feel anxious at all now, I think its just part of BFS or Isaacs in some way...
Of course I did some research on internet (my neuro gave me the address this time :lol:) and I found this:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov:80/entrez/q ... =iconabstr

Just give it a look and tell me what you think about! :wink:
Airmade

Postby garym on March 23rd, 2004, 10:43 am

airmade,

i suffered from the lump in the throat for several months, and still do from time to time. The best thing i can recommend is not to fixate on it. That's what i was doing, and as i stopped, it pretty much went away. Again, i do still feel the lump sometimes, but not everyday like before. I believe my problem was a combination of post nasal drip and anxiety, although i do sometimes get what i think are esogheal (sp?) spasms.

Try to not fixate, and it is possible to have anxiety and not realize it. BTW, i haven't read the article yet, but i'm going to as soon as i post.

Take care,
Gary
garym

Postby Arron on March 25th, 2004, 7:27 pm

Yeah, I read it... and do you have pronounced or high definition muscle tone which is common with Isaac's?, Have you been "clinically diagnosed" with Isaac's Syndrome?

BFS affects ALL muscles, just as Isaac's does, so why are you surprised to see that the vocal cords or the throat area is affected with Isaac's? Did your neuro say you might have Isaac's or something? Is that why he gave you that link to look at? I am just curious.... becasuse you would be a first with BFS that has been thought to have Isaac's, which is "clinically" diagnosable by ruling things in, and out, just as BFS is.

Quit looking at crap like that. So what if you did actually have Isaac's... so what? Is it any more fatal or dehibilitating than BFS? No, so why even bother going there? Don't waste your time reading stuff like that. You do NOT have anything that is fatal or that will render you helpless, (as far as your twitching and BFS symptoms go, but who's to say you couldn;t drop dead tomorrow from a stroke or a heart attack?) so move-on and go live life, and quit dwelling on this stuff.
Arron

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to General Topics