Lack of Flexibility

General Topics

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Lack of Flexibility

Postby jcavan4125 on December 31st, 2003, 7:12 pm

Hi,
Just wondering if anyone else feels like their flexibility has suffered as a result of BFS. I am not sure whether it is simply a result of age (I'm 44) or whether BFS is making matters worse, but it seems like my muscles are much tighter than they used to be. I was a little rubber person when I was young and into martial arts (could do splits and all that) and I have noticed a gradual decline in my flexibility over the years, but since I started twitching about a year ago, it seems much worse.
Is it just me or are there others with the same problem?
Joe... "That which does not kill us makes us stronger"! - Nietzsche
jcavan4125
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Jen on January 1st, 2004, 9:01 pm

I would guess that it's a little from "column A" and a little from "column B." I would think that we would lose some of our flexibility as we get older(I know I have), but I do know that I am far less flexible than my non-BFS friends. I have another friend who has Fibromyalgia, and she, too, is very non-flexible. Next to twitching, lack of flexibility is my number one complaint. I found a great deal of relief from a mattress topper that I purchased from http://www.cuddleewe.com last year. I also take Flexeril (perscription) each night. When I miss a dose, I am utterly stiff when I wake up.
Jen

Postby twitchaholic on January 8th, 2004, 10:17 pm

For about the last 2 months I have really noticed a lot of stiffness in my legs. I twitch mostly in my calves so maybe that is why but it is really bothering me. For the record, I am 38 so maybe it's age or something but it is really getting worse. I notice when I stand up from sitting a while I am stiff. I notice going down or up stairs. I notice when I wake up. Do you?
So, bottom line is it's not just you.
twitchaholic

Postby Jen on January 9th, 2004, 7:04 pm

I had the same "leg symptoms", starting at about your age. I think it's partly age-related, but probably more intense from the BFS. I used to run up our stairs, and then immediately kneel down on the floor to sort through some books on a shelf. As I got older, I would get miserable pain in my thighs when I kneeled down. That's when I first noticed the change in my flexibility. Not that I was ever flexible. I've been pretty unflexible my entire life.
Jen

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to General Topics