Just wanting to chat with my fellow BFSer's-Tough Day!

General Topics

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Just wanting to chat with my fellow BFSer's-Tough Day!

Postby Nole on December 6th, 2003, 8:36 pm

Hello all,
Im feeling under the weather and wanted to chat with some of my friends on the site to cheer me up. Its so great to have a place to come to with others that often feel the same as I do. I have been suffering from the BFS fatigue lately and it seems that I have pulled a muscle in my back that is very annoying or it could be the bfs giving me a nice muscle cramp in the back too?? I also had that rubbery leg feeling yesterday, but just for a few minutes, twitches arent too bad but abit more prominent than usual. I am worrying because I was bite by a tick last week, saw my doc about it, and he gave me doxy to start if I want to, he said he cant test me for 3 weeks and it is up to me if I want to start the meds. Im not sure what to do, I also have GERD and the meds can cause a flare up so I am hesitant about taking them because im not sure I have lymes and DO NOT want to cause a flare up??? Well thats the news here, being a hypochondriac is not helping me right now. What would you do about taking the antibiotics? Im not sure I want to take them if I dont need them??
NOLE
Nole
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Jenn311 on December 6th, 2003, 9:11 pm

Nole...

If I were you, I wouldn't start the meds right away since it makes you ill...it isn't really going to matter if you had Lyme if you started antibiotics right away or waited to get tested, is it? And BTW, did you know that a tick has to be attached to you for over 48 hours for Lyme to be transmitted to a host? I highly doubt you had it on you for that long.

But I hear you on the worrying part. I am the same. I can give sane advice to other people, but it when it comes to my own health I seem to loose my sensiblity. I get the weak leg feeling sometimes, as well as other weird symptoms. My right calf has been hurting now for 2 days straight so of course I am stressed...even though I know it is probably from walking up a really big hill carrying my banjo in its extremely heavy case...but if that were so...why only on one side? It's crazy to even go there. It most likely won't even hurt in a few days. And my twitching has been worse lately too. Maybe it's the stress from the holidays?

Anyway...I hope you get to feeling better. I feel your stress! Hang in there girlfriend!

Jen :D
Jenn311
Saint
Saint

Postby SusanSid on December 7th, 2003, 12:20 am

Nole,
You can start the antibiotics and stop if you have a reaction. The question is...do you think that you have lyme, or worried about the what if's....which we are so good at worrying about. Make a list of the pros and cons and just go for it.
I know what you must be feeling with the BFS symptoms. I can be just fine and then the fasciculations flair up and it can really send a signal of doubt, fear etc. I have had an incredibly stressful month and I can't recall the last time that my fascics were so bad. I mean, one morning I woke up and I was cramping from the back of the knee to the arches of my feet. It was darn right painful THen my forearms started and hands. Followed by twitches here and there in every area of my body. I knew it was temporary, but my mind can try and convince me otherwise. I was able to get some control over some of the things making me so worried and within an hour the symptoms were 1/3 the intensity. The mind is SOOOO powerful.
Anyway, hang in there, just make a decision about the antibiotics and just do it. It's very unlikely that you have lyme...but the way our minds work, the worry can be worse!
Sue :wink:
SusanSid
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Nole on December 7th, 2003, 8:31 pm

Thanks so much for the great advice. I have decided to wait on the drugs until I get tested in 3 weeks, I cant take the chance of getting sick with my acid reflux (which has just gotten under control after months of intense pain) and then find out I never had lymes. Truly, I dont think I have it either, I have just been tired and abit stressed lately. Today is my birthday, I had a great day and I feel better after a good nights sleep. My back feels better as well, I used one of those stick on therma care heat pads, highly recommend them for muscle aches and pulls. As for the lymes, the tick I pulled out was not in for long it wasnt full at all and it was a bigger tick, so even though it has been on my mind, in reality I know it is highly unlikely I have lymes. If it winds up I do in 3 weeks I'll take the meds if I need them. So I am going on, getting some needed rest, and we will see how the week goes. As for the twitches, I dont think I have had any today...what a great birthday gift! Thanks again!
NOLE
Nole
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Ray on December 7th, 2003, 9:18 pm

I'm happy for you Nole that you had twitch free day especially on your B-Day!

Ray
Ray

Postby Florian on December 8th, 2003, 12:34 pm

Nole wrote: As for the twitches, I dont think I have had any today...what a great birthday gift! Thanks again!

Thats great Nole.....Happy birthday! :D
Florian

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to General Topics