Thank you!

General Topics

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Thank you!

Postby BobbyCarlos on November 14th, 2003, 4:15 pm

This is just to say "thank you" to the About BFS community. I have been coping with BFS for about a year-and-a-half now. The initial diagnosis was made -- sort of -- by a neurologist who I can only describe as actively uninterested in me and my condition. It was through this website that I was able to put a name to what the neuro referred to as "nothing but twitches". I have had moments of panic and periods of fear-induced depression as I worried that maybe things were worse than they in fact are. Your web site was often what it took to calm me down when anxiety struck. Finally, two weeks ago I had the NCS and EMG (youch!) and confirmed my self diagnosis. But, thanks for the information and support. It has been a God send. :D
BobbyCarlos

Great news!

Postby scaredtom on November 14th, 2003, 4:20 pm

Hi BobbyCarlos,

Great news on the test. I also had an emg and ncs a week ago which were fine according to the techs and dr who did the emg. Have not actually spoken to the neuro since then. My experience was that the emg was nothing but the ncs was really annoying to say the least. I also have suffered the fascics since 9/02 (14 months now) and my calves are primarily affected. They also tend to be tender now - I'm aware of them when walking. This could also be my hypochondria. It's tough to turn all this off no matter what the docs say. I have an uncanny ability to doubt them and resist their diagnoses.

Tom
scaredtom

Great news!

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to General Topics