Fatigue or something else?

General Topics

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Postby Arron on October 17th, 2002, 9:45 pm

Javens and KD, thanks a LOT! I am really starting to think I have Fibro as I have just about every symptom of fibro, right down to a T. Thanks for the informative posts.
Arron

Postby lbeth on March 3rd, 2003, 6:08 pm

This is an interesting topic. I've been reading this site for about a week and am wondering if BFS is what I have. But all the posts seem to mention mainly muscle twitches, which is one of my main complaints, but another major complaint is feeling weak in my legs and arms/hands. I wonder if this is similar to what you are describing. It is worst when I first get up in the morning--my legs feel stiff and heavy, but I usually have NO pain (which makes me doubt the fibromyalgia diagnosis the doctors are suggesting !?). My legs feel weak, but as of my last neuro exam 6 months ago, the doc didn't notice any weakness. The weakness is a shaky, muscles turning rapidly on-and-off feeling, similar to if you've had a sudden scare and your body gets pumped full of adrenaline, but I don't feel like I'm pumped full of adrenaline. I also have experienced bad muscle shaking in my legs on a couple of occasions getting out of bed in the morning which almost made me fall over--mostly muscle spasms in muscles right above knees. This improved slowly over about an hour period. Also have strange sensations mainly in face, legs and arms--burning, prickling, slight numbness, buzzing.

Also, I rarely get repetitive twitches that go on and on like many people have described--usually isolated twitches and then the buzzing/wormy muscle feeling which I wonder is actually many small twitches?
lbeth

Postby Arron on March 10th, 2003, 4:12 pm

lbeth, what you describe is very similar to what I was referring to with the "drained" feelings in the legs and the shakes I get sometimes in my legs or arms. I feel weak legged quite often, but it certaionly isn't real weakness. It is preceived weakness, because if I had to, I could still jump and run and several days later, I feel just fine again. Real weakness doesn't happen that way.

It isn't parkinson's for sure. It certainly isn't ALS or anything like that because none of those come and go like this stuff does. It may just be some type of cross-over between BFS, Fibro and maybe Chronic Fatigue Syndrome or something. Sometimes I have it and sometimes I don't...
Arron

Sponsor

Sponsor

Previous

Return to General Topics