All credit to my neuro

General Topics

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

All credit to my neuro

Postby sarahtonin on November 13th, 2003, 4:32 am

Morning!

For all my whinging and complaining in other posts my neuro came through for me and actually ordered the needle part of the EMG to be done along with the NCS.

The doctor (not my neuro but a special EMG guy I think) did the NCS on my right lower leg - ouch :o

He also put a needle in my right foot and made me curl my toes etc. It was only one muscle but it was the one that had been twitching like a demon about 1/2 hour before so at least it was "topical".

He said he would have to do more calculations but he saw nothing that indicated a serious problem or "anything bad" - so that's good right :?: He said he would forward results to my neuro who may or may not want to see me again but there was nothing for me to worry about.

Do I feel better? No not really, but at least I know that when that muscle twitches there's nothing wrong with it (now just need them to test every other muscle in my body :lol: )

Must try to get over this, must try to get over this, must try to get over this....

Sarahx
sarahtonin

Postby sarahtonin on November 13th, 2003, 4:39 am

BTW the EMG guy knew what BFS was and asked a whole load of questions about the twitching like does it make your toes move, do you twitch all over your body, is it worse when you're tired/stressed etc. So I think these are signs that it is BFS rather than anything worse. He seemed to know what he was doing (or at least I hope so :roll: )
sarahtonin

Postby garym on November 13th, 2003, 11:46 pm

It is standard for the guy doing the test to say you have to wait for calculations/results, so don't worry about that.

I've had two, and they both said the exact same thing. Amazingly, the neuro came in less than five minutes later (both times) and said everything was good (quick calculations). They both said, "no ALS".

hang in there,
Gary
garym

Postby sarahtonin on November 19th, 2003, 6:19 am

Thanks Gary

Neuro doesn't even want to see me - apparently the NCS and EMG were "normal". Am v pleased :D and am now going to try to get on with life.

Sarah
sarahtonin

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to General Topics