My EMG report- Im willing to give this place ONE MORE SHOT!

General Topics

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Postby TattooedMommy on November 3rd, 2008, 9:50 am

Alright- I got a few pm's not to leave so I am going to try and stick around and just TOTALLY AVOID anything freaky. However for myself I dug up my EMG report and I am posting it here. We do need people here to reassure eachother but this is not a *** or ** tutorial site and I WILL REPORT ANYONE WHOM BRINGS BACK *** INFO TO THIS SITE!!!

My report:

Indications For Electrodiagnostic Study:

D.Graves is a 28 year old female, who has noted twitching in random spots of her body at random times. This is worse in the calves and she has some in the triceps and shoulder area. She feels as though someone thumps her at different at different spots on her body. She denies any cramps or weakness. She was initially seen April 21, 2008 and was given the diagnosis of BENIGN FASCICULATION SYNDROME. She also is currently pregnant.

She has other past medical history significant for OCD and ADD. (how embarassing but its true..lol)

Her neurologic exam is NORMAL. She is referred to evaluate for fasciculation syndrome. Therea re no contraindications or limitations. Risks and benefits were discussed with the patient.

EMG RESULTS:
1. The right medial gastrocnemius muscle reveals one fasiculation withouth ANY OTHER SPONTANEOUS ACTIVITY And NORMAL MOTOR UNIT POTENTIALS. (my CAPS used)
2. The right deltoid, triceps, biceps, FDI, APB, anterior tibiialis, vastus lateralis, peroneus longus, and vastus medialis muscles show NORMAL INSERTION ACTIVITY AND MOTOR UNIT POTENTIALS WITH NO SPONTANEOUS ACTIVITY. (again my CAPS).
3. A monopolar needle electrode was used.

Interpretation of Electroneurodiagnostic Studies:

These electrophysiologic findings reveal ONE fasciculation in ONE muscle out of TEN muscles that were studied. There is NOT a increased amount of insertional activity or ABNORMAL insertional activity, as would be seen in MOTOR NEURON DISEASE such as amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. There are no previous test for comparision, The diagnosis is still consistent with BENIGN FASCICULATION SYNDROME. No follow up.

Dr.****** *******, M.D.
Board Certified
Emg, EEG, NCV studies.

I know Im golden. Your reports probably look the same... :mrgreen: DeeDee
"I've been spending way too long checking my tongue in the mirror
And bending over backwards just to try to see it clearer
But my breath fogged up the glass
And so I drew a new face and laughed".
TattooedMommy
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to General Topics