24/7?

General Topics

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

24/7?

Postby sarahtonin on November 4th, 2003, 7:51 am

Just curious...

I notice that some people say that they have twitches "24/7" or "continuous" in parts of their body, such as calves or feet. Does that mean you really have them all day long, like every second or minute of the day (and night)?

If so, my heart goes out to you - they must drive you crazy :!: It makes me feel v lucky not to have that - even my stupid foot isn't that bad (i'll get one now - I just know it!) and I hope they go away sometime. :) Assuming you've seen a neuro - did they see them too?

Sarah
sarahtonin

Postby Pole on November 4th, 2003, 8:28 am

I also thought about it a lot and post the same question some time ago.
I twitch a lot but never 24/7 in one spot. I can say that I twitch 24/7 what means that there is no 15 minutes without twitch here or there.
A few months ago my palm (otside between wrist and small finger) was twitching REALLY NON-STOP (every second) for 3 days. It was really scary, but fortunetelly gone away and didn't come back so far.

It's important to say what do you mean EXACTLY when you say I twitch 24/7. Is it really the same spot every second ???????

regards
Marcin
Pole
Hero
Hero

Postby Ray on November 4th, 2003, 7:59 pm

Hey Sarah and Marcin, you'll probably find in a couple of my posts where I mention that I have 24/7 twitching in my legs (below my knees). Let me clarify what I mean, my twitches migrate up and down from feet to calves continuously 24/7. Initially they were not in the feet but just between the foot and knee but have since migrated to include the feet. You should see my muscles twitch just after walking a short distance, I guess that's what people mean when they say exercise intolerant in some of these posts. It's very nerve racking and it has consumed my every thought this past year, the emotional toll has been enormous. I am, I was a very active person always on the go, sports, playing with the kids,...... but a lot of that has come to a stop due to this condition.

I've never had a so called " Hot Spot " where the twitch is continuous in one spot for any great length of time, generally, my twitches have never lasted longer than 30 seconds in other parts of my body.

I know that twitching is not fun at all but if I had to choose between constant leg twitching or periodic twitching throughout my body I would choose the latter.

I hope this has given you some I idea of what I mean when I say 24/7.

Ray
Ray

Postby SusanSid on November 6th, 2003, 1:57 am

Hi,
I just had to respond, as I had a bad week with lots of twitching. I've posted before, so some of you are familiar with my twitching stories. I see the 24/7 in that I don't think I've ever had a long length of time without the fasiculations. I may not notice them for hours, maybe days, if I'm really lucky. However, when I take off the socks, and am in the right light and I wait, maybe a few seconds or even a few mintues, I will get a twitch in my calf and/or the arches of my feet for sure.
On a bad day, they will be firing every few seconds, sometimes for hours. I also get a buzzing feeling at times too.
I have also gotten them in my forearms and hands, but that's the exception. Seems lack of sleep, stress makes them worse. Also, the calcium, magnesium, B12, really seem to help...as they get worse when I forget my vits.
They are nerve racking, to say the least, but if I dwell on them, it only makes them worse and increases my anxiety. In the past, I had a few episodes of these over 13 years ago, but they only lasted a few weeks and then went away. I'm going on 2 years in December, so guess they're planning on staying.
Hope this helps a few of you!
Sue
SusanSid
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Pole on November 6th, 2003, 3:28 am

My biggest dream now is one day without fascics. If you don't notice twitches for few days sometimes you are very lucky. I have them everyday since March/April.

Anybody else has days without twitches?

regards
Marcin
Pole
Hero
Hero

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to General Topics