Really Old Timer (but younger) checking in again!

General Topics

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Really Old Timer (but younger) checking in again!

Postby seanrblock on August 27th, 2008, 9:23 pm

Hey everyone!

Sorry I have been away for so long. Im sure some of you probibly have never seen me post. This summer has been a blast. After 2 or more years of my left foot twitching every day...every hour...every minute it completely stopped and has been for about the past 2 months. YES! Actually all over I have had these for about 3 years and like many others was convinced I had ALS. But after so many tests and VERY good neuros telling me "Sean your symptoms are bad but we see this all the time" I finally started to get over it about a year ago. So 2 years of worry (total panic more like it) and 1 year of getting back to life.

I still twitch from time to time. I can predict when I will have a virus 2-3 days before it happens. My twitches go from none or a few to all over and BINGO I get sick. As we speak My right thumb is twitching non stop and it does NOT bother me at all (im sick).

This whole thing is a struggle for each and every one of us. You just have to hang in there, trust your doctors and try to focus on your family and your "normal life". I didnt find this site until I was WAY into the complete paranoia. So thanks to everyone that came before me (Basso, Kit etc...) I can now pass on the torch and I am glad to talk to all of you again.

I have been working out almost every day. I built a LARGE privacy fence for my house ALL by myself and didnt miss a beat even though I was twitching sometimes. So hang in there everyone....it will all work out in time!

Sean Block
seanrblock
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Re: Really Old Timer (but younger) checking in again!

Postby justcindy on August 28th, 2008, 12:27 am

Sean: Good to hear from you again. I am glad to hear that your summer has gone well. You posts were always good for me to read back in the winter when I was soooooo panicky. I finally had a neuro appt - no als - and life is going on, twitches and all. Don't you wish we could just fast forward some of the ones just starting!
justcindy
Saint
Saint

Postby Bart1 on August 28th, 2008, 4:42 am

Hi Sean!

So great of you to post something. We pm'ed a lot and you gave me a lot of information, but still like you I guess I still have 1.2 year of fear ahead of me before accepting I'm fine ;-) But I hope I get over this sooner!

Thanks
Bart
Fasciculating from 20/10/07
Bart1
Hero
Hero

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to General Topics