More twitching questions

General Topics

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

More twitching questions

Postby G'kar on October 12th, 2003, 1:57 am

Hey all,

I've noticed something here. If I have a muscle twitch someplace, like say, calf or fore arm, and I can feel and see it twitching, and then look at it or just lightly touch it, it stops? I can perhaps understand touching the muscle, there by stimulating it to make it stop, but looking at it? 90% of the time, looking at the ones I can actually see stops them. Why? It's a mind blower.
G'kar

Postby Ray on October 12th, 2003, 8:37 am

Hey G'Kar

Crazy isn't it?? I can sit there some times and think to myself " hhmmm, I haven't had an upper body twitch in awhile " then suddenly something twitches out of the blue, I then concentrate on that particular twitch and it stops, go figure. I often wonder about our thinking patterns and how they correlate with twitching. We think " TWITCH " the brain sends the signal and it twitches somewhere, we then look at the spot that twitches and almost will it to stop (my experience anyways), FREAKY. Having said all this doesn't explain my 24/7 lower limb twitching though, lol.

Have a great day everyone!

Ray
Ray

Postby Pole on October 13th, 2003, 2:10 am

I think that's nothing strange. The answer is that twitching in one spot is ussually quite short. When you take a look at twitching spot it stops but it has nothing to do with your looking at that spot. I have the same observation. Ussually, but sometimes when I notice that some spot is twitching I take a look and can observe like my muscle is twitching (sometimes it's really a long period of time).

regards
Marcin
Pole
Hero
Hero

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to General Topics