A BFS Flashback

General Topics

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

A BFS Flashback

Postby Nole on October 9th, 2003, 6:36 pm

I started these twitches 1.5 years ago, went through all the same stuff everyone else has here, but have come out the other end, happy, less twitchy and no longer worried. But today I had a brief flashback, you see, when this all started I had an upper respiratory infection, was run down, and tired. I was put on antibiotics called Zithromax and a few days later the twitching started.
Today I was prescribed and started taking the same meds for the same symptoms I had when this all started1.5 years ago. I had been on this med prior to the twitches many times before, have had upper resp. inf. plenty of times before, but this is the first time since the twitches started. It is funny how my mind remembered that, and in a way I am wondering if the twitches will start again?? Now I know they are nothing to worry about, been there, done that, can get through it again if it happens. But just thought I would share how I had my brief BFS scare today. Hope everyone is doing well and taking care of themselves.
NOLE
Nole
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby skinny on October 11th, 2003, 8:03 am

Nole,

Antibiotics are powerful drugs. They are really wonder drugs, but also can cause problems like Irritable Bowel Syndrome or worse yet a overgrowth of a bacteria called C. Difficile which I hear is very dreadful.

I got the triple whammy 1.5 years ago. BFS, IBS, and lactose intolerance.

Ironically I'm on antibiotics for the IBS which has cured a few cases. In many cases it started it or made it worse.

Have you heard of probiotics? It's (the good bacteria) to prevent yeast overgrowth and replenish the flora.

skinny
skinny

Postby Nole on October 11th, 2003, 2:06 pm

Actually, I am goignt ostartto take some probioticnextweek. A friend of mine works for a company that sells Australian Grainfields Probiotics, he swears byit. I also have acid reflux disease and often have a very unhappy tummy. He says it makes your stomache healthy as well as the rest of your body, worth a try!
NOLE
Nole
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to General Topics