Hey guys

General Topics

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Hey guys

Postby KERRI on October 9th, 2003, 1:10 pm

Has anyone has one area twitch non-stop the entire day.

Kerri
KERRI
Hero
Hero

Postby Josh on October 9th, 2003, 3:08 pm

I've never twitched in the same area for an entire day. Have you asked your gp about it?

Josh
Josh

Postby garym on October 9th, 2003, 4:55 pm

My calves have twitched in the same areas for nearly three months, 24/7
Dr. said not to worry about it.
garym

Postby John on October 9th, 2003, 5:30 pm

My calves have been twitching non stop 24/7 for 11 months . I have had my eyelid twitch for 5 days non stop .That nearly drove me nuts, It's all part of the fun we call BFS .

John
John

Postby Brian_B on October 10th, 2003, 1:29 am

yes
"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"
Edmund Burke
Brian_B
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Pole on October 10th, 2003, 2:20 am

Josh, think before posting, please. If we should go with every hot-spot which is twitching all day to gp we would be always there. I had hot spots which were twitching for 3 days. And last monday my left arm was twitching all day. Non-stop except moments when I used this arm, of course.

Kerri, don't worry you are perfectly normal.

regards
Marcin
Pole
Hero
Hero

Postby Josh on October 10th, 2003, 7:32 am

Pole I was simply responding to Kerri's question. I twitch a lot but I've never twitched in the same spot, non-stop for 24 hrs straight. I think that would drive me nuts. If that ever happened to me, I'd be worried too (like Kerri) and would want to ask my Doctor.

Josh
Josh

Postby Pole on October 10th, 2003, 7:50 am

OK, I just say that non stop twitching lasting 1,2,3 or more days is nothing unussual in BFS and there is no need to visit a doctor. Check old posts here and you will see how many people have non-stop twitching hot-spots.

regards
Marcin
Pole
Hero
Hero

Postby Josh on October 10th, 2003, 8:15 am

Sorry I'm new here and have been going though the old posts, but there are so many!

It looks like Kerri has been here a while. I guess she hasn't seen those old posts either.

I'm off to class. Happy Thanksgiving weekend to any other Canadians on this site.

Josh
Josh

Postby Pole on October 10th, 2003, 8:34 am

Kerri saw all old posts here, believe me :) But the hallmark of BFS is that you don't believe what doctors and many other people say BUT you believe at once when somebody tell you that something may be wrong with you.
So, it's easier to believe in bad news than in good one. If you check old Kerri's posts you will know why your post scared her.

regards
Marcin
Pole
Hero
Hero

Postby Josh on October 11th, 2003, 7:14 am

Thanks Pole. I have taken your advice & checked Kerri's old posts. I now understand what you were trying to tell me. In the future, I'll stay clear of "KERRI".

Josh
Josh

Postby garym on October 12th, 2003, 6:03 pm

Josh,

I think that you should not stay away from "Kerri" and I think she deserves the same respect that we all do. She has had her anxieties, but who here hasn't? She can also be helpful, and seems to be doing a lot better recently. Let's all cut each other a little slack! I know I need a little every now and then.

Gary
garym

My experience with "KERRI"

Postby Josh on October 14th, 2003, 7:35 am

Gary this all started with "KERRI" asking, "Has anyone has one area twitch non-stop the entire day". I responded "No" & said if it bothered her, she should check with her Dr. I then get jumped by "Pole" who tells me to "think before I post." All I was doing was responding to her question!

In the meantime, "KERRI" posts (at 7:27 a.m. on Fri Oct 10th) under the "Support Group" topic, "Hey Guys", saying that "Josh scared me". Hey, wait a minute, how the heck did I all of a sudden become the bad guy???

But what really makes me shake my head is the PM that "KERRI" sends me:

Inbox :: Message
To: Josh
Posted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 7:45 am
Subject: Hi
Josh,
How long have you been twitching, I have been twitching or 15 months.
I have had 5 emgs 7 body parts.
I have had a zillion neuro exams, and I have been to 4 neuros, all say BFS.

This is the first time that I had a hot spot last almost 24 hours. It started at 8:00 at night wednesday and I felt it but yesterday I could barely feel it but I could see it, it stopped 2:00 yesterday.

Kerri

What type of normal individual would make a public post saying that someone scared them & then turn around and PM them, asking for their personal story?? Did I respond to her PM? ABSOLUTELY NOT.

I then took the advice provided by "POLE" & checked "KERRI" old posts. I'm new here, but she seems to me to be just like the crazy old aunt that everyone has in their family. "Don't worry about old aunt Ethel, that's just her way". There seems to be a number of you that always coming rushing to her defence after she makes yet another ridiculous post.

For all the negative stuff Americans say about the health care system up here in Canada, I sure am glad we don't have internet access in our psychiatric facilities.

I'm outta here.
Josh

Postby Pole on October 14th, 2003, 8:04 am

Josh,
I think you're taking all this too seriously.

regards
Marcin
Pole
Hero
Hero

Postby John on October 15th, 2003, 5:29 pm

Josh

Private messages are just that PRIVATE.

John
John

Sponsor

Sponsor